Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any intercoms (audio panels) that can handle THREE COM+NAV channels, plus DME & ADF?

I know only of the remotely controlled GMA35

but that takes up a piece of the GTN750 screen and if the GTN750 screen fails, you can’t do anything (other than to possibly use one channel in a severely crippled fashion).

Ideally I would like something that fits in the PMA7000 hole

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

PMA7000B has 3 x COM, 2 x NAV, ADF, MKR, DME and AUX – is it insufficient? If it is, I’d call PS Engineering first – they have so many different submodels they may already have something with an extra channel.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Garmin GMA340? Or do you look for something that has the ADF and DME already bulit in?

EDDS - Stuttgart

I am looking for an intercom which would cater for one possible future configuration – 2nd pic down here.

AFAIK the ADF and DME, from the POV of the intercom, are no more than labels on the buttons of yet more AUX channels.

Very good tip about the PMA7000B, Ultranomad… I would have never thought to look there because I could not see how they would get the buttons in, but they have. I would however have to chuck away one NAV channel, which in reality just means one would have one NAV channel which cannot be morse-idented.

However, depending on timescales, I may well end up looking at 2 x IFD540 instead, and no KX radios, which will give me a “GPS+MFD” type config which is way better than a single GTN750.

There is no modern and properly usable GPS+MFD which will fit into the 8" stack space which I would have by removing just one radio (I am ruling out a GNS430W / GTN650 as they are so small they are no good as one’s only GPS, IMHO, by the time one has put in this much money and effort ripping up the panel).

The last I hear on RNAV1/PRNAV is that the date is 2018 and it may affect only LTMA flights terminating at one of the major London airports, so that won’t matter.

Last Edited by Peter at 06 May 06:22
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message