Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone got a PPL Confuser, which may need a new home?

Hello Everyone,

First, thanks to Peter and David for getting another great GA resource setup! Thanks!

I have embarked on the long and windy road of studying for the PPL exams and one thing that has always crossed my path during research is the PPL Confuser.

This seems to be a good additional study resource and I was wondering if anyone has a decent and recent copy of the book gathering dust, which he or she may be prepared to sell or lend out for a 'period of time'?

Thanks,

Jacks

EGLK

You can normally find them on Ebay - example - and copies change hands for quite a lot of money sometimes (I got one for my son recently) but some have said that there is another publication which is more up to date. I don't recall which one it is, however.

Legend has it that the author of the Confuser died and then there was a disagreement on publication rights, so printing was stopped.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There are PDF versions of the PPL Confuser around on the interwebs, although I'm not suggesting you commit copyright theft. Bizarrely shop.pilotwarehouse.co.uk seems to still have it on sale. I found it very useful although some have suggested that it is out of date now.

Fairoaks, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter and fattony.

I did check the bay before I came on here, must have started afterwards. Good find, thank you and you are correct, I am not a friend of CR theft, no.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and even though they may be old revisions, the concept of flying hasn't changed since EASA took over, has it?

Jacks

EGLK

I had a version that certainly was out of date, though still useful for things like meteorology. Less so for air law.

www.airquiz.com is the best resource I've found. It's very reasonably priced and I found it a huge help during my revision.

I'm not sure I'd bother. I'd use one of the many online resources such as airquiz.com (I am sure there are others), which are far more comprehensive

Hello!

New to this forum (although a member of two others).

This is another vote for Airquiz - its helped me for the three exams I have passed so far.

I also use the PPL Perfector which is a hard copy book and has REAL PPL exam questions in it. If I can pass those, I know that I am ready for the exam - I find it invaluable!

Best of luck I

Think that the caa revamped the Air Law exams from December 2012 and maybe some of the other subjects too. Ask your school.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

A bit late, but if anybody reads this and still needs the PPL Confuser, I have a copy that I used to study for my exams in January. Even with the exams updated and the Confuser not being up-to-date, I found it a valuable resource. I used it in addition to airquiz.com

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

My son is using my 22 year old Trevor Thom books for most things...need an updated Air Law book though...never bothered with Question Banks....just learn the stuff properly in the first place

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message