Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aspen MFD O and M procedures

Hello,

Please assist, need O and M procedures for my MEL. The system is installed on a 208b Cessna caravan.

Regards
Judy

Does anyone know about this?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Does anyone know about this?

In theory yes, but this is a kind of a special case. There is an EASA master MEL for the C208b available for download from Cessna (google finds it quicker than I can insert the link…), but it only applies to G1000 avionics. And it only has a reference to the MFD cooling fan, not the MFD itself. Which means that by Master MEL, an MFD failure grounds the aircraft. The Aspen avionics might however have some kind of extra redundancy which provides access the MFD contents from a different source. In that case (I guess) the CAMO will have to work out the relevant procedures – at least the maintenance procedure – and get them approved. This is not going to be cheap and if it has been done before it will certainly not be found on the internet…

EDDS - Stuttgart

I would check with Aspen.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I would check with Aspen.

Or whoever installed these screens. Out of curiosity I looked through the list of EASA STCs (500 pages of smallprint!) but did not find anything about an Aspen installation in a C208b. But maybe this isn’t an EASA registered plane?

EDDS - Stuttgart
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message