Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Asturias LEAS, Spain

I know the TL ….
landing on a beach air show, authorized each year in my area.

you will not have any problems

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Estimado Celtico it sounds like my annex 2 L18C might therefore be able to take up the kind offer of the operator at the Blanes airfield for hangarage when I plan to visit Barcelona?

I always assumed I need a flight plan to cross a border – will be clearing customs probably at Limoges, but it sounds as if I can fly Limoges to Blanes and hope for the best!

Have never felt a great urge to visit LELL.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Robert.

I understand well?

Do you want to fly to Blanes, and visit Barcelona.?

In Blanes you have housing? or prefer other nearby airfields barcelona?

Customs declaration in Spain, it is not necessary (I know Spain is africa, but not required …. is irony) hi hi hi….

un saludo

Last Edited by celtico at 31 Jan 15:32
pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Celtico fly to Blanes and visit Barcelona, Blanes being to the North keeps me out of the TMA. The field is 500m long and has a hangar. Last time in Catalunya was in an IFR aircraft and visited La Cerdunya, and then flew Girona to Zagreb, now many years ago.

Otro

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hello Robert

Outside the CTR of Barcelona, there are a very good uncontrolled aerodrome Igualada.

http://aeroclubigualadaoden.wix.com/aeroclub

Many pilots of Barcelona flying in Igualada

The aerodromo of Blanes is in the town “Palafolls”
http://www.prair.com/quien-donde/

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Never being on to give up on the possibility of a good flying trip, some more research has been conducted into operating in Spain.

It appears that the Spanish definition of a ULM is as per the EU Regulation 216 Annex II

aeroplanes, helicopters and powered parachutes having no more than two seats, a maximum take-off mass (MTOM),
as recorded by the Member States, of no more than:
(i) 300 kg for a land plane/helicopter, single-seater; or
(ii) 450 kg for a land plane/helicopter, two-seater; or
(iii) 330 kg for an amphibian or floatplane/helicopter single-seater; or
(iv) 495 kg for an amphibian or floatplane/helicopter two-seater, provided that, where operating both as a
floatplane/helicopter and as a land plane/helicopter, it falls below both MTOM limits, as appropriate;
(v) 472,5 kg for a land plane, two-seater equipped with an airframe mounted total recovery parachute system;
(vi) 315 kg for a land plane single-seater equipped with an airframe mounted total recovery parachute system;
and, for aeroplanes, having the stall speed or the minimum steady flight speed in landing configuration not exceeding
35 knots calibrated air speed (CAS);

Our TL20 is certified with a MTOM of 700Kg and Vs0 of 39kts so very much not a ULM as far as I can see.

We shall be applying for permission to fly in Spain imminently

EGBP, United Kingdom

FWIW, and knowing almost nothing about this, my understanding is that Spain takes months (or for ever) to reply to these requests.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

WB, as far as I know you don’t need any special permission if your aircraft is NOT an ULM.

For any other wanting to ask for permission to fly here in an ULM aircraft, I would reccomend to use the form located in:
Link
it’s a collaboration bewteen AEPAL (Spanish Association of Light Airplane Pilots) and the spanish AESA (national authority), and usually works very well.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Any aircraft on a UK Permit to Fly requires permission to fly in Spain. The same applies for Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Portugal and Spain. I do find the Czech one slightly amusing since they are responsible for a good portion of these aircraft! This could be a ULM, a war bird or an orphaned type such as Beagle Pup. More information can be found here

I am not sure that making an application to fly a ULM would be very helpful in trying to establish that we are not a ULM Once we start the request and assuming we get some information back I’ll create a separate thread to provide information for anyone else needing this information.

EGBP, United Kingdom
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message