Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATC industrial action today?

For my 1600Z departure from LELL Sabadell to EDDV Hannover I was just assigned a slot for a 1648Z departure time due to ATC industrial action. I’m wondering whom I have to thank for this? French or Spanish ATC? Anyone knows?

Frequent travels around Europe

There is a strike in French ATC today and tomorrow.

Their argument is that traffic is increasing, but staffing decreases, so that proves that there must be a safety problem. So instead of defining a number of maximum planes per sector and refusing to take more (which I am sure is already done), they go on strike.

President Reagan had an answer for this issue in the US.

KUZA, United States

And so had Mrs. Thatcher in the UK. So what?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You have to live with your interruptions, I don’t, that’s what.

KUZA, United States

Strike confirmed.
I’ve been sitting as passenger on a A320 since 3pm at Orly waiting for a slot. Departure was scheduled at 13pm, it’s 18:39 and we’re still not in the air.
Good side is I have been reading EuroGA

LFNR

Alboule wrote:

Strike confirmed.
I’ve been sitting as passenger on a A320 since 3pm at Orly waiting for a slot. Departure was scheduled at 13pm, it’s 18:39 and we’re still not in the air.
Good side is I have been reading EuroGA

I have just arrived home after sitting on a Ryanair aircraft from 13.30 to 16.30, whereupon the flight was cancelled

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

That’s horrible. We put up with the cattle treatment of airline travel because it can be relied on…
I guess I was lucky today to miss France. Langen Radar gave me a 230nm DCT all the way to KOK; one of the longest I have ever had. Did they know something?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

According to evening news the strike was ramped up this afternoon and the number of striking controller is higher than anticipated.

Orly is particularly affected.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 20 Mar 18:42
LFPT, LFPN

Langen Radar gave me a 230nm DCT all the way to KOK

With the courtesy of Brussels radar…

EBST, Belgium
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message