Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATC referring to airway names (and airspace discussion)

It is very rare, which is why (along with nearly everybody) I don’t carry the printed airway charts, and have stopped flying with strip charts showing airways.

But today I got Z104 from Langen Radar. There was no way I could find it with what I had to hand.

I think I will revert to printing off strip charts.

I know there are products which can display airways but they cost money

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Worst case scenario: scan the chart and take it on board as PDF?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

What about carrying a PDF of the enroute chart. e.g. ED ENR 6 Enroute Chart Lower Airspace.

But as you say it’s very rare. As you probably know we were following you today, and just got a “direct FLO” from about 150 miles away in Germany. No mention of airways. Perhaps Langen has something against you. :)

Jeppesen Flite Deck has the charts as well as the plates. I guess that’s the solution that costs money.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Can you download the PDFs somewhere? I don’t have access to the printed airway charts. I did have about 10 years ago.

On the contrary, Bookworm, Langen and Brussells are really nice to me

Yes; I don’t want to pay for this. On the ground, one can get it via Skyvector and maybe their map can be downloaded as tiles?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

bookworm wrote:

we were following you today, and just got a “direct FLO” from about 150 miles away in Germany…Perhaps Langen has something against you. :)

Langen mustn’t like you. We got direct DENUT from Stuttgart…. :)

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Apr 18:25
EGTK Oxford

Get a Garmin sytem :)

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

In France my impression is that controllers do not even know the names of the airways.

LFPT, LFPN

Peter wrote:

Can you download the PDFs somewhere?

From the EAD site.

JasonC wrote:

Langen mustn’t like you. We got direct DENUT from Stuttgart…. :)

But that’s about 10 minutes in yours. :)

bookworm wrote:

From the EAD site.

have you guys were ever introducted to a product called “autorouter.eu”? Briefing => AIP/Plates => Country of choice => ENR => ENR 6.1. Or those having turboprops can go to 6.2 ;-) but to be fair, I guess it was not there last summer, it was added later so you might missed this feature.

download to hard drive/Google drive and have Goodreader to sync with you ipad.

LKKU, LKTB
65 Posts
Sign in to add your message