Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Athens Flying Week (AFW)

Thanks for posting. Which days are worth coming for? I am planning to fly from Sitia LGST back home around the 25th so Tatoi would be on my route...

I wish I could make it. By airline, maybe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You should get a pilot license and buy yourself an airplane. Then you can fly everywhere in Europe, whenever you like. Isn't it like that?

Haha....

I have worn out a groove in the Alps, with the number of times I've been down there this year...

Tomorrow I am doing yet another service / oil change. It's been quite a good summer

If I can I will pop down.

Administrator

achimha SAT and SUN are the prime ones with all the aerobatics etc. On SUN and A320 of Aegean Airlines will Fly By as low as it gets. The RNLAF F16 demo is the main attraction this year.

Personally I got most of the awe for the aerobatic glider show by Luca Bertossio. Its amazing how he manages the dynamic energy of his glider accompanied by smoke trails off his wings and excellent music on the loudsepakers.

The key is for you to check the schedule in the PILOTS BRIEFING as to when General Aviation is allowed to arrive & depart. They give some half or one hour gaps for GA in between the show. So based on this decide when you can pass by. If you can, best is do depart on Monday when the show will be over, all will be calm and you will have enjoyed the hospitality and custom reduced suggested hotels prices in Athens for Fly In participants and their passengers.

There will be a welcome check-in desk by AOPA on the apron who will coordinate with all participants their needs in fuel, transportation, accommodation etc.

Also keep in mind AVGAS in Tatoi LGTT Athens should be cheaper than in Sitia. In Sitia they add to the price the cost to bring it from Athens.

So to conclude: 1. go to website and check GA movements schedule in the pilots briefing 2. if the days/times fit your schedule and you decide you'll come then send via the website the registration form (you can send another later if something changes. 3. If you intend to stay over night, even better, notify the organizers so they set up for you what they have reserved for the GA participants

A clip from the 2012 show

LGMG Megara, Greece

I might pop down there Thursday pm, but return for the UK Saturday evening. Would there be any point? What is the transport from LGAV to Tatoi?

Administrator

I will be there, weather permitting etc, from Thursday till Sunday afternoon - Monday morning. We'll fly from Mitilini (Lesvos) with a Cessna 172N Superhawk (SXAAW). We'll be the attraction of the fly-in of course LOL If any of you happens to come by, pay us a visit - I'll be mainly at the flight simming area (HvACC) and the Greek Air Traffic Controllers' Association (GATCA) kiosk - ask for Mimis ;)

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

We will be there Thursday evening to Saturday evening. Hope to see you all

Administrator
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message