Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

wouldn’t the various ATC centers along the route expect to be called by the pilot? Will they just bin the flightplan if he never calls up?

You have to get a departure message out somehow, otherwise the flightplan will be dumped eventually. If you are departing an airfield with an open AFIS unit, they will do it for you, just like an ATC unit would. If the airfield doesn’t have an open AFIS unit, you’ll have to do it yourself by phone before takeoff or by radio once in the air.

If you fly IFR as low as 2500 feet in class G, you don’t have an obligation to be in radio contact (you do above the highest of 5000 MSL/3000 AGL), but if you are the flight plan will be there.

Sweden doesn’t have separate info frequencies. Enroute FIS in class G airspace is provided by the same controller who works the controlled airspace above. This also means that if you need to climb from class G into CAS to avoid weather, it’s no different from being in CAS all along.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

In my experience if you want to fly with ATC in the southern UK file FL080 or above as Peter says so you are clearly filing a CAS join. If not, file and go IFR but you will at best talk to LARS units and get a radar service but it is the same as flying VFR with such a service. Essentially London Control will not provide a radar service below their CAS floor. They will provide a basic or traffic service if you are in the climb to join them.

EGTK Oxford

And on router app, I just tried to find a route EGTK to EDDG at FL270. Nothing sensible found using the preferred FL option. RR not great either but found:

BAMBO DCT DILAX DCT KENET DCT CPT UL9 BIG UL9 KONAN/N0275F260 UL607 SPI UY862 PODEN Y862 KENUM UM170 NOR/N0275F240 M170 BAMSU at FL260

EGTK Oxford

You should report any routing issues using the support ticket facility, or post them here

Most cases of where the router doesn’t work is where the aircraft performance model is incomplete or meaningless.

You need to provide a complete set of climb and cruise (for at least one power setting) figures, all the way up to the operating ceiling.

Last Edited by Peter at 23 Apr 05:39
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think I have but maybe it is because the TP model is not yet implemented.

EGTK Oxford

Your Meridian model looks reasonable to me, I’ve been playing with a copy of it for some time We’ll look into the EGTK-EDDG route and try to find out why it needs so many local iterations (we limit them to 50, it could be that a solution would be found later). I fear whatever the route will be, it will be rather awful.

Thanks Achim. Seems like a combination of tricky RAD out of Oxford and some route restrictions for aircraft to EDDG. even the RR route is not great.

EGTK Oxford

I’m trying to use autorouter and am getting the following error message when trying to create a route

Error: Router engine not reachable — socket connect Connection refused (111)

Have I done something wrong or is the system off-line?

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Seems down, or they are updating the software.

I’ve reported it to Achim.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I just tried to get LOWI-LKKU generatd with the following results.
LOWI N0130F120 RASTA3H RTT Z33 NEMAL L725 LIMRA/N0130F090 L725 LIVDU
L156 LEDVA LEDVA1N LKKU

but Jeppesen is showing Rattenberg two hotel (RTT 2H) only. Jepp is updated this week and looks no AIRAC was to became effective this week. …any ideas what´s wrong here, what I might be doing wrong?

LKKU, LKTB
Sign in to add your message