Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

I mean filling VFR-only flightplans.

ESME, ESMS

That (filing VFR plans) has been available in autorouter for, I don‘t know, two three years.

Real autorouting for VFR of course doesn‘t exist, due to the very variables of VFR flying (weather, terrain, navigation, airspaces, etc.) The only thing they can do is implement the general flightplanning rules, i.e. one waypoint each 100 NM/30 minutes, i.e. the router will make an initial route suggestion by adding waypoints that are convenient along the the great circle route from A to B.

The only thing that COULD be implemented is an algorithm that avoids class A airspace, but the result would still never be final yet, as much more effort must go into any VFR flight route. This can‘t be automated.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That (filing VFR plans) has been available in autorouter for, I don‘t know, two three years.

I’ve never used it. What about the addressing, do you have to add it manually?

Last Edited by Emir at 01 Dec 10:17
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Of course not.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Of course not.

So all ATCs on route will get your flight plan. Good to know.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Leg pulling going on?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Autorouter seems to recognise the ICAO codes for Canada, but once you head south of the Canadian border it isn’t able to load routes.

I haven’t tested a route in Canada, but am guessing may have to spring for a Foreflight subscription.

Actually it only recognises Goose Bay, Gander and St. John’s but will validate a route between these airports.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 27 Dec 12:05
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

The two guys who did the Autorouter and then used EuroGA to launch it, having got us to write a load of code to integrate the login etc, have vanished and aren’t responding to these topics.

Every time some feature was added, a new thread was started. There were probably a hundred threads… A year or two ago, these were laboriously merged, into two: this one, and this one.

Most turboprop and bizjet owners – the typical traffic on these routes – use Rocketroute.

Administrator

RobertL18C wrote:

Autorouter seems to recognise the ICAO codes for Canada, but once you head south of the Canadian border it isn’t able to load routes.

I haven’t tested a route in Canada, but am guessing may have to spring for a Foreflight subscription.

Actually it only recognises Goose Bay, Gander and St. John’s but will validate a route between these airports.

Try the Support function on the website itself. Has worked excellent for me, with good response times.

ESOW, Sweden

Does anyone know what minimum time the Autorouter imposes between present time and the filed EOBT?

And does it vary if you do an IFR or VFR departure?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message