Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avgas availability in South America?

Hello all,

is there a current(!) overview of avgas availability in South America (Chile, Peru, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia)?

Skyvector, Skydemon and co. are not much help in this respect from what I figured out.

Surely the AIPs could be searched, but especially in these countries the information given there might be rather historical…

Thanks!

@terbang will have some insight, I guess.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I believe it is available in most GA airports, although Perú is not easy for GA. ForeFlight shows some info in the remarks section, or in some cases FBO tab, but they provide FBO numbers and am guessing for a trip of this nature making contact with a local FBO should help with planning.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Well, we flew down there in 2017/2018, so I don’t have really current info. Anyway, Robert mentioned the most important point: call ahead. There are no FBOs like in the US, you’ll have to call the airport operator.
In Peru, Pisco and Trujillo do have Avgas and are POEs. In Brazil it might be a bit tricky, as the big airports don’t have it (we had problems in Manus, see here). We haven’t been to Uruguay, all the other countries you mention were not a big problem. See here for the whole story.

Last Edited by terbang at 29 Dec 20:18
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message