Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviation friendly country - for a company

Aviation friendly country – for a company

I might move my limited company to a different country due to Brexit. It is not very urgent as proceedings according to Lisbon treaty (article 50) will take up to 2 years.

UK have suited me well. My commander is owned by the company and most of my flying is for business.

Any proposals on countries to move the company to?
I rule out Germany as the ‘Finanzamt’ will only accept planes in a company with an AOC easily, I know there are ways, but I had too many fights with them…

Czech republic sounds good. Has anyone experience with keeping an aircraft in a s.r.o company?

United Kingdom

I might move my limited company to a different country due to Brexit.

Why?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If there is a Brexit.
Company assets and money is spread over Europe. I’m not sure if there is free movement of capital after Brexit.
Most customers are in Europe, so it is easier.

United Kingdom

Ireland is a pretty flexible place to do business

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I’m not sure if there is free movement of capital after Brexit.

Exchange controls are incredibly unlikely between the major civilised countries in Europe, EU or no EU.

How about the Isle of Man? No Benefit in Kind

Administrator

mdoerr wrote:

I might move my limited company to a different country due to Brexit. It is not very urgent as proceedings according to Lisbon treaty (article 50) will take up to 2 years.
The Brexit is hardly a fact yet, is it?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

I might move my limited company to a different country due to Brexit.

Why?

Peter, you’ll see a huge exodus if Brexit becomes reality.

you’ll see a huge exodus if Brexit becomes reality.

Well, having been in own business – a real business, creating and making real stuff – continuously since 1978, I take a longer term view of business interests.

When asked on the TV for their view, “Mr Big Business” would dry lease its grandmother to a whorehouse in order to save €6 in bank charges. But cooler heads prevail in the end…

Exodus of who, and what exactly for, rationally? If you have loads of money, you will already be living your chosen lifestyle in a location/country of your choice. Some people achieve that without loads of money, too. If you don’t have loads of money, your options are limited (or not) as they ever were.

In 1969, only about 200k out of 14M escaped from Czechoslovakia and the incentive there was orders of magnitude bigger than the UK leaving the EU.

The EU is no more than some colours on a map. Culturally the members are miles apart. The EU is little more than a construct pushed by career diplomats and politicians who are cynical or blind according to your POV.

Anybody with enough money to buy a ticket can leave the UK tonight, permanently.

The Brexit is hardly a fact yet, is it?

That’s true also.

I wouldn’t worry about it, whatever happens.

Administrator

In the UK the BIK rule is strictly against having an aircraft owned by a small company. The safe route is to own your plane yourself, and have your business flight costs refunded to you (another less usual way would be to operate as a limited liability partnership)

Paris, France

@172driver, I can’t resist asking if you’re willing to bet a barrel of 100LL on that – although I agree with you to the extent that equating a “leave” vote with “Brexit” requires a rather myopic view of recent EEC/EC/EU history.

My company’s business (supply chain, banking and market) is spread all over the EU and beyond, but we have assessed the net effect of a “leave” vote as nil at worst. The “single market” does not apply to our products, but even if it did, the effect on our EU sales would be nil. Nobody buys an iPad, or a Jewell rifle trigger, or a GTN650 or a Bendix magneto, just because it’s made in the EU.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message