Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviation fuel cards

Hi

Does anyone see any advantage of requesting and having aviation fuel card i.e. BP card?

BR

LPSR, Portugal

Sure. It doesn’t cost any money, so no reason to not get one. I had thought every aircraft owner had one…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I suggest a search for

fuel card*

The air bp one went through years of being almost useless but is again useful now.

The Total card is useful for France especially if you go to the non international airports. But is more hassle to get, reportedly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use Air BP all the time. I have an “any reg” card, which is useful.

Shell and Total are also useful.

Statoil has been replaced by AirBP.

UVAir seems to be the carnet of choice for jet fuel.

EGKB Biggin Hill

And what are the advantages of it?

LPSR, Portugal
  • Better prices,
  • access to self fuel facilities,
  • one neat online invoice,
  • no chance of CC being declined in foreign countries,
  • multiple pilots can use the same card.
EGKB Biggin Hill

What I found difficult with the AirBP card is that as a renter, I usually need to have the aircraft owner’s or club’s invoice address printed on the invoice. I have an ANY AirBP card, but the online portal doesn’t allow you to easily modify the invoice address (to accomodate different rentals). That’s a shame, especially since they replaced their online invoice portal with a new one this year. But they chose a badly implemented SAP NetWeaver Portal, which was already outdated years ago. I’m digressing.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I just get the fuel charged to me then charge it on if appropriate.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Shell and Total are also useful.

That‘s interesting. I was looking for a Shell Card for Avgas, but couldn‘t get one. @Timothy you mentioned the Shell card as useful. So where did you get yours from? Could you please come up with a link or a phone number.

EDDS , Germany

AFAIK, the Shell Avgas card doesn’t exist anymore for Europe.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message