Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bavaria to Megara (Athens) via Portoroz, Dubrovnik, Corfu

Thanks for the tip, wilco :-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 19 Aug 15:30

Don’t forget to study the Macedonian AIP and apply for PPR. The Macedonian airports are also ‘coordinated’ so apply for slots.

LFPT, LFPN

Ah, cool, thanks a lot! I will consider Ochrid, never been there. That, or Malta …

(bosco…? ;-))

You definitely should read PuF some more ;-). All the answers are in the current issue.

In short: do consider Skopje (LWSK) for very cheap fuel and no hassle (as sometimes in Belgade). If you have time to spare, spend a day at Ohrid (LWOH) before that. Highly recommended…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Aug 13:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

(bosco…? ;-))

You definitely should read PuF some more ;-) all the answers are in the current issue.

In short: do consider Skopje (LWSK) for very cheap fuel and no hassle (like in Belgade. If you have time to spare, spend a day at Ohrid (LWOH) before that. Highly recommended…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Aug 13:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Emir
Malta-Munich could work, but have to consult with autorouter! But maybe I’ll fly to Malta or Catania – and then to Split … I’ll be at home long enough this winter!

(I’ve been to Catania (Taormina, Syracusa) by airline two years ago, and i loved it!)

i thinkmone can get Avgas from the Aeroclub@ Catania, but maybe not worth the effort for one day. I can also refuel in FANO

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 19 Aug 11:00

Flyer59 wrote:

- Malta, refuel and then straight home (EDML, near Munich)

Maybe too long … streaching legs stopover could be useful. And IMHO Malta is always worth of visiting.

- Catania and flie home through Italy

You can’t get 100LL at Catania, otherwise great destination.

- Go to Thessaloniki for passport check, refuel in Belgrade

Cheapest refuleling is always nice

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

On August 29 I’ll fly over to Athens (Megara) to pick up the airplane, and now I am thinking about alternative routes for the way home …. I have flown the usual route a couple of tims now, and although i enjoy it, maybe i should explore some new places …

I thought about …

- Malta, refuel and then straight home (EDML, near Munich)
- Catania and flie home through Italy
- Go to Thessaloniki for passport check, refuel in Belgrade

Any other ideas? (bosco…? ;-))

Oxygen system failure posts moved here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Direct Cost of the flight (SR22 NA):

Fuel: € 637,00
Landing Fees, Parking, Handling: € 318 (including 2 weeks of hangar in Megara)
Oil: € 10 (1 quart)

Total: € 965

There and back, including € 22 landing fee at home:
€ 1952
(will be a little more because fuel is € 2.70 in Megara but only € 1.78 in Portoroz). OTOH i will fly home directly from Corfu.

Let’s say all together is € 2000
Appr. 11 hours of flying
Direct Cost per hour for this flight: € 182

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 17 Aug 09:23
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message