Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Belfast Aldergrove EGAA

Need to go Belfast Aldergrove EGAA from mainland UK, with possible overnight park. PA28 Arrow.
Any experience / advice / Handling Agent if mandatory / cost etc.
Belfast City EGAC is not as geographical suitable, but a possibility if operation advantage.
Will be making enquires through normal channels. Just looking for firsthand experience.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Expensive, security is a nightmare etc etc. Mandatory handling (Woodgate).

If you get half a chance, use Newtownards instead. In an Arrow it is only 10 minutes or so from EGAA. Alternatively, if you’re going somewhere North of Aldergrove, I could strongly recommend Causeway. http://www.av8r.org.uk/Causeway_Airfield.html

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Thanks Dave – I half expected that. My friends finals destination is Ballymena. Will look at Causeway grass 650m, but don’t think I’d be over happy if wet wet wet !

Like the look of Newtownards EGAD.
Wonder what ground transport (train / bus) is like to get to Ballymena !?

Thinking Causeway would work well.

I landed in Casueway in an ARROW II a few years ago. The surface was ok, but you do need to taxi slowly….it’s not a billiard table.

The guys there were very friendly, but it is a bit in the “middle of nowhere” as far as transport goes. Having said that, I understand that the guys are happy to give people a short lift somewhere if needed.

Newtownards is close enough to the local village to walk there in a few minutes. Having said that, I’ve no idea of the transport links from there.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Thanks Dave and dublinpilot. All good stuff. Currently planning on Causeway. Flight not till Mon 2 or Tues 3 Nov. Been met by car, so transport not a problem. Just need reasonable weather for that sort of strip and hope surface is dry.
Will be contacting them for PPR and further guidance.

Trip cancelled due change of plan. Interesting exercise nevertheless.
Thanks for all the interest.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message