Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bergerac (LFBE) Customs Charge €50

On a recent trip to Bergerac, I emailed them for a PPR (I know you don’t have….Ouvert a la Cap etc) but wanted to make sure parking was available for a couple of nights. Bergerac Ops sent me a Proforma Invoice with the expected charges for landing, parking etc and a 50 Euro fee for my customs request!!! When I queried it, this was the response….

Les TARIFS sont propres à chaque AEROPORT et le montant est publié sur nos tarifs . (for our French speakers.

This translated….

The PRICES are specific to each AIRPORT and the amount is posted on our rates.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Correct. Also posted in several pireps for Bergerac. They claim that amount for their coordination with the Customs folks.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Note this is Customs/Immigration i.e. applicable to flights to/from the UK.

Outrageous, given they must have police presence for the various commercial flights, including ones to the UK.

Or maybe the police go home after the last commercial flight? Bergerac is dead as a graveyard after office hours and there is nobody to assist with the “self service” pump. In fact last time I went there, I could not get out for ages, when I landed after dark. The only eventually found sign of life was a fireman watching TV.

I went there a few times, last time a couple of years ago, but can’t see why I ever should go there again; it is not particularly useful as a Schengen stop on most routes, especially as Bordeaux now has avgas and, based on one price list I found, is c. €20-30. But let’s hope this practice doesn’t spread. Caen is now 24hr PNR. This sort of thing just escalates the general hassle factor in flying to France but I am sure the only people who care are in the chamber of commerce

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

especially as Bordeaux now has avgas and, based on one price list I found, is c. €20-30.

Bordeaux Merignac always had a avgas apart for a limited period of time. They do however also have mandatory handling and if I remember correctly that brings the charges including one night of parking to around 80 € Last time I went there I departed on a public holiday, and handling was double of what it is on a normal workday. I might find the bill if I look.

LFPT, LFPN

Bordeaux is something between 120 and 150, depending on which day you fly. Also, their Avgas is very expensive (Exxon…).

The southwest of France is getting a bit bad, in terms of big airports. Biarritz is also roughly 100€ for a stop and essentially closed for light GA that wants to park…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Oct 16:07

50 Euros is a bit high, given they have immigration on site (but they might not be in the same place, and often you cannot mix GA traffic with the “general population” unless they go through more stringent security etc.
On the other hand, I’d happily pay 50 Euros at Toussus for them to have immigration. The stop at Rouen the other day cost me about that amount (41 Euros, 10 for landing and 31 for lighting).

Let me get this right… if we did a fly-in to Bergerac, and 10 non-Schengen planes turned up, they would get €1000?

That is what happens (or used to) at LGMT (Mitilini, Greece) where the lady Customs officer would charge everyone €45 for Customs and then, for say 10 planes, submits 10 expense claims to the aviation ministry, each for a separate taxi fare. Last time I departed from there to non-EU I filed for LJLJ (Ljlubljana) and then diverted to (then non EU) Croatia… got a really dirty look from her as I walked past because she knew exactly what I was going to do

If you flew UK to LFBE, filled up, and then flew on to say Morroco, you would pay €100, presumably.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use a lot Biarritz and for a technical stop they accept you. Pay 35€ last time.
I’ve been asked 215€ just for Custom and Immigration in Cascais…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I use a lot Biarritz and for a technical stop they accept you.

Maybe, but what kind of airport is that which systematically says “no parking available!”, even in low season?…

bw. Pay 35€ last time.

Then maybe they do some discount in these cases. This (from this year) would have been just over 100€ without any parking fees…

The fly in situation is an exception. How many non schengen flights do they get on average? Not sure how it works there (if they come from another terminal or so) but I’m not against paying something. I think the 50 Euros slightly high though. Le touquet charges 15 (hidden in landing fee)
At Toussus / pontoise im sure people would be happy to pay (and they would have the option to do it elsewhere).

19 Posts
Sign in to add your message