Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best GA airfield near Munich?

I am flying to Bielefeld with the fantastic Intrepid Aviator group next week. They are then flying on to Poland, but that’s not for me. I’m thinking of heading south to Munich to visit a family member there and then fly home. I have had a look at the charts but can’t decide which is the best GA airfield closest to central Munich. Could someone please advise. (I’m flying a TB20 so I don’t need a huge runway – 600 metres is safely long enough for take-off and I like to land on tarmac. I’ll be flying VFR.)

Thanks

Howard

Last Edited by Howard at 02 Jun 20:20
Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Munich is not GA friendly. All the airports you see on the map have severe limitations. The only airport where you can just go is bascially Augsburg which is far away.

If you can get a PPR the best option for you will be EDNY:
http://www.flugplatz-schleissheim.de/piloteninfo-pilots-info/ppr-2016-antrag-application/

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

You may fly to Oberschleißheim, EDNX. You have to ask for PPR on their website. www.ednx.de. The form is available in English too. At this time of the year you normally will get it approved. The field is the closest to the town, S-Bahn approximately 20 minutes walk away.

EDDS , Germany

Thanks guys…looks very complicated. EDDM want this confirmation as part of the PPR application:

Confirmation, I have knowledge of airspaces C EDDM, D (CTR) EDDM, RMZ Oberschleißheim, traffic pattern, visual operation and aerodrome chart, VFR Terminal Chart (Stand 11Jun 2015 / I confirm knowledge about airspaces C EDDM, D (CTR) EDDM, RMZ Oberschleissheim Visual operation chart, Aerodrome chart, VFR terminal chart Munich (latest issue 11JUN2015…

…which I can’t give at the moment, not knowing what some of it means. Perhaps it’s all on their website. Otherwise I need to track down the plates. Pity they don’t publish the current Jepp VFR plates on their site like Bielefeld do.

I’ll check out Oberschleißheim (what is S-Bahn?)

Howard

Last Edited by Howard at 02 Jun 21:09
Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

S-Bahn is the over ground local train. U-Bahn is underground

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Howard,
usually it’s no problem getting the PPR at EDNX. I do it every now and then when I need to have the plane near my home (5 miles). I can send you the VFR approach plate, just send a PM. Pick up at airport no problem (if i am home).

Today I got Oberschleißheim’s info letter saying the aerodrome is closed on

-Tuesday June 7th
-Wednesday June 8th
due to work in progress

and

-Tuesday June 14th from 1100UTC to sunset because of some kind of event using the runway

EDxx, Germany

Does EDNX have Immigration?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Augsburg is a great GA airport, if a tad far away from Munich, it servs the city of Augsburg. It has full immigration and customs and is IFR and reasonable prices.

The only thing is that there is hardly any transportation from / to there short of renting a car or getting a taxi to the city of Augsburg. From there, train services to Munich are quite fast.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

AFAIK no Immigration at EDNX

Last Edited by nobbi at 03 Jun 08:01
EDxx, Germany
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message