Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bird strike accidents and discussion (merged)

That’s a lot of energy…..lucky it wasn’t through your windscreen!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

You can be lucky if it’s only sheet metal work. If there is some structural damage, the aircraft might have to be written off.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How did the aircraft handle with the wing looking like that?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Closer to the wing root a fuel tank might have been damaged

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Condolences. A wood pigeon? Judging by the damage, it must be a serious bird!

Any residues/remains on the wing? Sure it was a bird and not something man made (and harder, heavier)? I have seen some bird strikes before, and there were always residues. This looks squeaky clean.

LFPT, LFPN

There is a blood streak on the underside.

As far as handling, there was noticeable drag coming from that wing as well as a slight rumbling felt in the yoke.

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Condolences – and congratulations, that it didn’t hit the windshield (although I’m never quite sure what the odds are for a bird to make it through the spinning prop disk in one piece)!

Bird strike 2 years ago.
We decided to change the outer part of the leading edge: 13k€
Of course we did an insurance declaration. But due to a large difference between initial quotation and final invoice, they refused to pay for the whole amount.

Be careful with the work they forecast…

regards
alexandre

Happened to me in the Bonnie many years ago. My passenger confessed after landing that he was having “canaries” that the undercarriage would not extend. Hahahaha

Last Edited by Bloomer at 20 Sep 17:17
Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Yea- that’s my biggest fear at this point…the insurance company trying to play games. The adjuster has already sent me a form that requires the serial numbers of all the avionics, engine etc and scans of all my logs, ARC, registration, etc. How is all this relevant to a bird strike!?

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA
Sign in to add your message