Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Blighty to venice anyone?

Looking to meet up in Venice in a month or so and wonder if anyone has actual experience/can recommend a workable flight route/plan to get there? I’ll be in a motor glider, regards frankw

Last Edited by frankw at 08 Mar 18:48

From where are you flying to Venice? I’m there about once a year, its an easy one and a half hours from LOAN either through the “Kanaltal” (Val di Canale?) or via Slovenia, Triest and then over the sea.

I highly recommend Venice – where else do you have a decent grass runway, a beautiful Art Deco terminal building (with a quite good restaurant) and a world-famous city just 10 minutes away via “vaporetto”?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Blueline many thanks for reply and that’s great news!

Will be flying from the UK (Sibson Peterborough, EGSP) and will probably fly out via Lydd (EGMD), franks

Check out the thread concerning the routings to LDLO for the fly-in. The various Alpine crossings (Brenner, Felbertauern etc) are also applicable to your routing to LIPV.

Some years ago, fuel in Venice was a problem. I think they have it on a regularly basis by now, but best to give them a call.

Refueling in Portoroz (LJPZ) should be cheaper, and it’s a nice detour of you are already in the area.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

blueline – will follow your lead and hopefully get something worked out, thank you, frankw

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message