Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bonanza operating cost

I am in the process of buying 1/2 of a Piper Commanche 269 Turbo – that would look at another alternative for the Bo. Slightly faster at similar fuel consumption and just as roomy as the Bo?

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I obviously mean 260 not 269

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

If you can, go for it. These 260 Turbos are very rare. I once flew in one of these.

I would still say the Bo is a more “substantial” aircraft though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Simply avoid flying in a Bonanza if you aren’t prepared to buy one. If you fly one and don’t buy it, you will know what you are missing and will regret it. Ignorance is bliss, what you don’t know won’t depress you. :)

KUZA, United States

I’d recommend checking the 1947 style seating and ergonomics of the Bonanza before buying. For me the seat back is too vertical, pedals are too close to seat and (in particular) the rounded cabin roof means my head hits the corners. Both my current planes were as bad or worse in their own ways, and I’ve modified the seats to improve matters – aircraft do not typically have a lot of extra room for some people of 21st century height. I’ve never flown either of mine more than about 3-1/2 hrs. I’m not sure whether I could make a Bonanza work for me on the long flights for which its intended.

(The DA40 is another particularly bad one for me but seating on the Comanche does provide enough room)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 Oct 14:39

blueline wrote:

What’s included in that number? Obviously more than just the maintenance?!

insurance, hangar, avionic checks, maintenance, AVGAS, Oli, extra maintenance (every year a littel extra), 9% depreciation (or drawback for engine, prob or financial cost)! You can cut all back to 200€/h but that will ne not the truth.

EDAZ

9% dep on everything I buy would make me want to kill myself

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

People with height above 6 ft 2 in often have issues fitting comfortably in the Bonanza. A few points which help. The rudder pedals are adjustable to three settings, tall, medium, and short person. I have known pilots who have owned the type for 20+ years and were never aware of this pilot adjustment. The dual yoke is fixed in its position, unlike the throw over arm. The throw over arm allows for different angles of the arm orientation, with taller pilots preferring a greater angle so the yoke does not interfere with their legs or knees. The Bonanza dual yoke is oriented in a downward angle and this can cause difficulty for taller pilots. It is permissible for the yoke to be reinstalled in the other direction so that it angles up, although with the original factory yoke, sometimes there have to be internal adjustments to do this. The after market Cignet yoke can be mounted either direction.

KUZA, United States

imply avoid flying in a Bonanza if you aren’t prepared to buy one. If you fly one and don’t buy it, you will know what you are missing and will regret it. Ignorance is bliss, what you don’t know won’t depress you. :)

That is soo true….When I fly my Bo for four hours after two days I am eager to fly it again for another four hours… Amen.

Last Edited by Vref at 01 Oct 14:53
EBST

but that will ne not the truth

Cheshunt, I gave up on that as you only live once, so you better enjoy it as long it lasts

EBST
Sign in to add your message