Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bonanza operating cost

NCYankee wrote:

Simply avoid flying in a Bonanza if you aren’t prepared to buy one. If you fly one and don’t buy it, you will know what you are missing and will regret it. Ignorance is bliss, what you don’t know won’t depress you. :)

Yes, I always see poor lonely individuals sitting on airfield boundary fences, staring at my beautiful aeroplane, and thinking, If only I had, If only I had……..

Go buy one, you will never regret it..

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 01 Oct 16:05
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Thanks guys. Whatever motivation I may have needed, I have now . Only need to convince my co-owner.

Any opinions on the German Bo for sale?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

By its serial number, it has 28 volt, that is a great improvement. The 28 volt kicked in during the middle of the 1978 production year, so some have it, while others don’t.

KUZA, United States

Ex-Lufthansa, so lots of hours, although not as many as most others (>10k hours).

Was owned for a couple of years by Smudo, if that id worth anything to you.

Decent avionics. Low price. Doesn’t seem a bad deal at all. But yes, I would defo go for an N-reg. Getting FAA licenses (validations of your Austrian ones) is a paperwork exercise will cost you less than 1000€.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Oct 17:00
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I agree. Priced about right, although always make an offer… It is German registered, and if you are considering N reg, which I would suggest is a must, you need to check- Valid Export Certificate, All AD/SB complied with, logs are accurate and make sense, fire certificates, that looks like an internal upgrade, and it would not be a bad idea to line up the DAR, for the pre buy. He probably won’t do it, but he will know a guy who can.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

i got a beech f33 since a month or so and got about 18hrs so far i agree totally with the comment do not fly in one if u dont want to buy one
all my previous 700hrs are nothing to comparewit the f33 so stable, so solid feeling and great performance, and if you find one for a good price it is nearly the best thing since sliced bread.just did today a 3hrs trip across the alps and i luv this plane a LOT
i got now a mid 4000hrs plane with 500hrs engine time good avionics (only a 8.33 / garmin 430 or similar missing) for a very good price in compare to the planes I see adverted in Europe and it makes sooooooooooooooooooo much fun to fly I did not expect that this is possible

i can not commend on Cirrus TB20 or Mooney (Mooney would be a bit on the thight side for me on the inside)
but if i compare build quality between piper cessna and beech i must say there is no real compare just to open and close the cowling on my 182 did make me mad!!! or closing doors on arrow and 182/172 is no compare to the beech

maybe i also got spoiled now with a more modern ap and sandel hsi as the ap in the cessna and arrow where a bit out of time to compare
but little things like toggle switches etc are so much nicer feel in the beech
or the lock for the baggage door no compare to piper cessna not also to mention the size of the baggage door!

fly2000

Peter_Paul,

I am guessing you have an F33A and not the lower powered F33. The F33 was only built in 1970 and only 20 were ever built. Both of them are sweet airplanes, but the F33A is much nicer.

KUZA, United States

yeap i got a 86 f33a

fly2000

for an average 85-100 hours per annum, I budget £28,000.00

BB this sort of confirms my current rule of thumb, that on average over a reasonable life cycle, a GA airplane with reasonable utilization, is costing approximately £100/HP/annum. My other rule of thumb is you need around ten times this in pre tax income for this budget to keep the family law attorney at bay.

No doubt a pristine Beech 18 bought in a distress sale with a mogas STC and operated out of a farmer’s field may not quite obey this rule.

…corrected for some finger trouble on the arithmetic front.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 03 Oct 10:32
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

BB this sort of confirms my current rule of thumb, that on average over a reasonable life cycle, a GA airplane with reasonable utilization, is costing approximately £1k/HP/annum. My other rule of thumb is you need around ten times this in pre tax income for this budget to keep the family law attorney at bay.

Really? For a C182 you need £235k per year and an income of 2.3 million? Now that really makes Cessna ownership a really exclusive hobby…

Sign in to add your message