Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bordeaux International GA Fly-in at Saucats (LFCS) 26 to 28 August 2016

Dear All,

I decided to make a new thread to share the PDF “fly-in guide” for this event.

Here is the PDF detailing the event: http://www.lingaero.com/FlyInLFCS.pdf

Already quite a large number of crews signed up for this event, so do let me know if you’d like to come so I can make the necessary arrangements.

As a quick summary:

Friday 26 August – Arrivals and BBQ at the airfield
Saturday 27 August – Château visit and winetasting with big pilots’ banquet in the evening
Sunday 28 August – Visit to the center of Bordeaux and the new wine museum

Would love to see some more EuroGA people and put faces to names!

Best,
James

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Thank you to all who have contacted me. Let’s hope the weather will be as good as last year!

Dear all,

In two weeks this year’s Bordeaux Saucats Fly-In will be upon us, and I very much look forward to seeing you all (or as many of you who make it!).

I just wanted to keep everyone updated with the planning, and provide some specific information on the following very important points:

- Risk assessments
- High vis vests
- Landing fees
- Parking fees
- Overnight fees
- Out of hours fees

Thankfully none of the above apply.

However, we will be levying an unofficial landing fee of at least 4 cans of beer per crew, to be duly consumed at the welcome barbecue.

Any English produce such as sausages, burgers etc you may like to bring will also be very wecome.

In terms of cold hard cash, I will be asking for 40 Euros per person to cover the cost of renting the minibus and the fuel over the weekend. This gives you transport back and forth between the airfield and your hotels (about a 15 minute drive each way).

On the Sunday afternoon, if anybody is interested, we hope to organise a fly-out to the locally-renowned airfield of Auch Lamothe, famed for its fantastic restaurant.

On a more aviation-related note, please:

- Remember that the radio is A/A (air to air) there is nobody on the ground to answer your calls
- Avoid the overhead due to aerobatics and glider winching
- Avoid taxying and parking on the grass unless requested to do so.

Avgas 100LL is available, and payment is cash only.

For those who don’t like to carry large sums of cash around, I can highly recommend the free Revolut Card (www.revolut.com) which allows you to have a “virtual account” with a payment card managed from a mobile app. You can then credit your account with a UK debit card and transfer the money in any currency to a bank account. No exchange fees or commission. Very useful for paying abroad.

Any questions, call me on 0033 677 636 841

Best wishes,
James

Hi Jim, while I won’t come, (it’s a bit far and I flew too much already over the last 5 weeks…) I l’d like to thank you for the initiative.

Organizing an event like this is a lot of work and carries some risks, while it usually yields very few (at least very few tangible) rewards, so thanks for allowing people come and see Bordeaux and overcome the transport problem from the airfield to the city.

Bordeaux is a really beautiful city.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Following discussion with another pilot, I would add that aside from food and drink, the rest of the activities are free. Local taxis are obscenely expensive. A one-way trip from the airfield to the hotel will set you back in excess of 30 euros.

About 20 aircraft signed up so far. Looks like we’re in for a good weekend!

Just a small piece of info for anyone who would like to rent a car, I have agreed with the local rental agency that the keys can be left with me at Saucats on the Sunday evening.

Forecast looking good for Bordeaux this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all.

You Jim must be looking at different charts to the ones I am looking at

Sat 1200

Sun 1200

Friday looks ok.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message