Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose ProFlight headset

Hey Peter, thanks for your review! I guess when youre happy with it in the Bonnie, the Proflight is absolute fine in “typical” GA aircraft with a good sound proofing (I guess the Bonnie is almost as quiet as the Saratoga).

Robbie, would be great to hear your results!

EDFL, Germany

I recently purchased a Bose ProFlight 2 with Bluetooth. Will do a comprehensive review soon, but so far so good. I don’t get a dull ache or headaches anymore and the noise reduction is impressive. I’ve now got x2 spare headsets for my passengers use, whilst I need the ultimate comfort for Eurotouring.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

@Peter asked:

Has anyone tried it?

Yes I did yesterday for an 3.30 hours flight in our Bonnie. Short before our trip to the Czech Republic, my Phonak died because of a leaking battery. So I have used my Sennheiser S1 with active noice cancelling for a week and ordered because of this thread the Bose Proflight Series 2, knowing that we will have a short stop on the way to Brittany this Friday, to give it a try.

After the mentioned 3.30 hours and the direct comparison with the Phonak and the Sennheiser I‘m fully convinced. To give you more details:

• The weight is much lighter then the Sennheiser although you feel it on your head compared to the Phonak.
  • To position the microphone is like with any other headset. Compared to the Phonak it is much better, because it will maintain position,
  • The noise cancelling works great, so it is more silent than the Sennheiser and it sounds better (the engines sound is on a really pleasing level). Compared to the Phonak which has no active noise cancelling but personalized earbuds, which the Bose doesn‘t has, it is better as well.
  • Last not least Bluetooth. Although I don‘t like to hear music on my flights I made a test because the Sennheiser has it as well. The connection works much better and the sound is a real improvement. It‘s a pity, that I will not use this feature too much, only as a Co-Pilot.

To sum it up: test completed I will take the Bose as my new main headset and keep the Phonak after repair as backup.

EDDS , Germany

I used to fly with an A20 both on the job and in GA. After i bought the proflight (1st series) the A20 became for GA. However when my wife would join me, i would give her the A20 and use the proflight myself.
This was in Cessna 172 and Tecnam P2010.
It is not as quiet as the A20 but definitely usable.
The main reason to switch to the proflight is that it is so lightweight. I think one of the difference between the proflight and the proflight to is the cable between the control module and the headset is thinner. On the 737, when i put the mike on the same side as the plugs on the aircraft the cable pushes the headset aside.

EBZW, Belgium

Does anyone have the “new” Proflight in use on SEP Aircraft? I love the A20 since years and mostly use it in more quiet SEP like the Rockwell 114B, Turbo Saratoga and the more noisy RV7A. Since I always prefered inear over onear headsets i’m considering to exchange the A20 for a Proflight but on many youtube vids it seems like they aren’t very well positioned in the GA and most of the pilots use them only in more quieter Jets or at least Turboprops. And I know that Bose also claims them to be mainly used in Jets and recommends the A20 for GA but in my opinion on some more quiet aircraft the A20 is deadly silent, so there could be maybe a compromise with the “more noisy” Proflight.

Does anyone tested the Proflight on GA Aircraft and could may report his experience?

Thanks and greetings André

EDFL, Germany

The borderline legal way in some business sectors is to offer concessions like price support (discounts basically) only to those who play ball.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

What does that mean?

I guess it means that they will charge the list price rather than giving dealer discounts.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Actually they do say it – from the Bose web site

You are a professional, who obviously speaks “marketing”. Why cant marketing people use plain language if something is NOT suitable for a certain application ?
Why do they buyers have to search for (not so) obvious omissions, polished euphemisms and vocabulary inventions only to muddy the water ?

(Ok, rant over)

I would without doubt call my TB with Gomolzig exhaust modification “moderately noisy” compared to the planes i learnt in ;-)

EDM_, Germany

Peter wrote:

Withdrawing dealer price support is one.

What does that mean?

EGTK Oxford

I tried this headset on, just quickly, today, at Aero Expo.

It is nothing special comfort-wise. The Bose guy agreed when I said some say it is not suitable for piston aircraft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message