Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brac, Croatia (airport expansion LDSB)

Some years ago I invested in property on the islands of Hvar and Solta. I looked at something in Bol but turned it down.
It seems I was wrong!

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/item/12737-work-begins-to-expand-runway-on-croatian-island-of-brac

Forever learning
EGTB

Great news!

Especially as 3 years ago it was being closed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did a low pass there just a month ago, interestingly enough, it was covered in snow! Unfortunately no photo.

This video shows the construction as it was in Sep 2016

Yes; they have had tons of snow this winter. AFAIK, currently they can’t clear it.

Administrator

Does it mean that they will raise their landing fees? Last year with the group discount it was reasonable or was that with the AOPA discount?

KHTO, LHTL

For small aircraft? Doubt it, because they’re already in the price range of other bigger airports like Split, Zadar and Dubrovnik nearby.

The costs are less than 1 million EUR, one of the main reasons it’s being lengthened is because TUI and some others showed interest, but the runway was too short.

The EuroGA fly-in in Sep 2016 got a 50% discount on airport fees for everybody. That was very nice work – organised by the great Anna Hero

Administrator

Btw every fourth landing with same aircraft within one year is free of charge which is nice for regular visitors.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message