Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cabin Dimensions (Width) of SE Aircraft

AF wrote:

Comparing that to a 172, where I feel like I’m in a pickup truck, and could hang my arm on the window opening,

He he, yea in the summer months I do miss the “2CV” Windows of the Cessna. It also was described as the “Opel Manta Feel” And actually right now I do miss my 2CV too despite the fact that my Camry has air condition which is sorely needed. But relief is in sight, summer ends on June 30th here in Switzerland by the current look of things.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

But relief is in sight, summer ends on June 30th here in Switzerland by the current look of things.

That made me crack up pretty good!
I’m in Lower Austria, and sometimes I wonder why the ___ I moved here…

Croatia. It is all about Croatia. Why don’t they have the cutting edge firms? Why can’t I move there and get paid?
The little cherry pocket things (crack coke, basically) the weather, the peops, c’mon!

Somebody start something there, and I’ll gladly play ball!

AF wrote:

I’m in Lower Austria, and sometimes I wonder why the ___ I moved here…

Croatia. It is all about Croatia. Why don’t they have the cutting edge firms? Why can’t I move there and get paid?

I think its something to do with the fate of the Hapsburg Monarchy.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 22 Jun 22:26

Indeed, in this case, it seems the Monarchy’s footprint outweighs the Roman Emperor’s who built Split…
A bit of thread drift on my part though, sorry!

Any thoughts on the AA5 family with the sliding canopy?
Does a sliding canopy make the cabin/cockpit ‘feel’ bigger?

Last Edited by AF at 22 Jun 23:11

@AF
I have a sliding canopy. It certainly makes entry and egress easier. Depending on how the canopy is shaped, it can also provide a sense of roominess in excess of the physical dimensions of the plane.

Tököl LHTL

@WhiskeyPapa
Thanks for that.

What the dimensions don’t tell you is the space above your head – before buying the Cirrus, we looked at a TB10 – the problem is that I’m 6 foot 4 inches tall (194cm in new money) and when I had my headset on (Lightspeed Zulu) I could feel myself brushing the surface of the headliner. I flew a couple of circuits but any reasonable thermal activities meant I was banging my head on the roof so width is one thing, but the height above the seat cushion is also relevant..

EDL*, Germany
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message