Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Calvi - Corsica (LFKC)

I’ve just emailed the above contact to get confirmation of current prices. They emailed a response within a couple of minutes. Handing fee is 35 Euro. As I recall landing and parking fees for a couple of nights was approx 50 euros. They also emailed me an online PPR form which is nice and easy.

https://forms.gle/bRfHi7QqkkGuz5Hz5

Don’t let the PPR and Handling put you off. Calvi is a super place to visit for a couple of days. Good airport facilities and AIR BP. 20 Euro taxi ride into town. Very scenic approach especially with the circle to land R36.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

€85 is ok for the occassional visit.

I would absolutely want tarmac parking though. On my trip there, one of us had to make multiple trips to a nearby building with running water, to fill up a bottle so we could rinse the sand off the plane, otherwise putting the cover on would have ground up the windows really nicely. You also must not have a door open if anybody is taxiing past because it will fill your plane with sand. Also gets in the landing gear, sticking to any grease.

It would be interesting to know the exact process, and the cost, of getting tarmac.

Can Brits fly to Corsica now? I think France (Corsica is technically France) is all shut currently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mandatory handling is because of Covid time. Here in Cannes,we all hope that it won’t last too long. They are usually fine with GA if we look at other Corsican airport (Ajaccio, Bastia and Figari are less GA friendly).
But for sure, handling is currently mondatory.

LFMD, France

Peter wrote:

Can Brits fly to Corsica now? I think France (Corsica is technically France) is all shut currently.

In the notams:
II –
TRAVEL TO METROPOLITAN FRANCE FROM
ALL COUNTRIES, EXCEPT THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (A
EXCEPTION FROM SPAIN UNTIL JUNE 21) AND ANDORRA, ICELAND,
LIECHTENSTEIN, MONACO, NORWAY, SAINT-MARIN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM AND
VATICAN, ARE AUTHORIZED ONLY FOR THE REASONS APPEARING ON THE
DOCUMENT ’CERTIFICATE OF INTERNATIONAL DEROGATORY MOVEMENT TOWARDS
LA FRANCE METROPOLITAINE ’, AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET.

It’s not completely shut, but you need a real good reason (medical, family gathering,…)

LFMD, France

Hi Rob, Peter says you are the Calvi expert here. I am considering a flight there end of september with my fiancée.
Those 35€ are on top of the precious fees ?
I would like to rent a car and explore NW Corsica. How easy is it at the airport ? Is it possible only when a liner arrives (which will be rare this year) ? Thanks for any tips about a few days stay at LFKC.

Greg_mp, seems UK and Switzerland are considered as an EU country. Brits can fly in according to this notam !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 18 Jun 10:58
LFOU, France

Just found this which is enlightening on the French 14 day “voluntary” quarantine….

If you are travelling from the UK by ferry, air, train or car transport to mainland France, you are invited by the French government to go into voluntary quarantine. There will be no checks or fines if you don’t.

The voluntary quarantine applies to all nationalities, including French citizens and is a reciprocity measure as the UK has imposed obligatory quarantine on all people arriving in the UK, including from France.

This includes Britons returning from a holiday or a visit to a second home in France. The UK is to review its policy on June 28.

France is expected to continue inviting voluntary quarantine as long as the UK continues to impose a quarantine of travellers from France.

People arriving by plane from Spain into France are also invited to take voluntary quarantine as Spain is imposing a quarantine on air travellers from France to Spain. Other travel means from Spain are not affected.

The 14-day quarantine is voluntary but becomes obligatory if you show symptoms of Covid-19 during health checks at an airport or if you are going to France’s overseas territories.

What does voluntary quarantine mean?
The government says everyone should use their “sense of responsibility.”

There will not be any checks or fines contrary to the UK obligatory quarantine which obliges anyone coming to the UK to pre-fill a form to give details on the place of isolation and contact details, and where checks and fines can be issued by the police.

The voluntary quarantine in France can be at the place of your choice; your home, a specific accommodation or at a hotel which has been requisitioned by the government for people in isolation. This option will be offered to you on arrival if you wish to self-isolate.

A government helpline worker told Connexion: “The voluntary quarantine does not mean that people cannot go out for 14 days. They should just avoid outings as much as possible, and respect social distancing and safety guidelines.”

You will be able to go for a walk or food shopping but you should not meet with other people. It is not recommended to isolate with other people such as friends or family unless they were in the same household as you before arrival.

The worker also said people can decide for themselves whether to do this and should not feel obliged.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@greg_mp

As Juju said, you misread the NOTAM. For the countries listed in the NOTAM, there is no restriction. That’s what it says.

Also, your post above on mandatory handling referred to Calvi, right?
What about Cannes. I will likely fly there in the next few days.
Do they currently insist on handling, even if parking on say Golf (which previously did not require handling, despite being the farthest away from the terminal…)? The NOTAM don’t say so. Looks like that would be 50€ on top…
Any other parking on asphalt which doesn’t trigger handling?
Moreover, do they currently insist on pre-notification of international flights withing the Euro+Schengen zone?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jun 11:29
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Just found in a corsica local news site that a new GAT is being built with 30 (!) parking spots for GA and 10 for BA. It is a multi-million euros project which has been voted many years ago but moves … at corsica speed

LFOU, France

That is probably Bastia. I can’t see airliners (737-size jets) going into Calvi, on AOC ops.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Jujupilote:

I’ve flown there approx twice a year over the last 4 years. Was there last July. Landing and parking fees for two days was 44 Euros. They have built a new GA terminal terminal next to the grassed GA parking area But I believe this closes mid September when the tourist season finishes. If that’s the case a minibus will take to to the main terminal.

The GA terminal has a customs presence there. I have never hired a car there so not sure about car hire at the airport. In summer months the airport can get busy and you will have to wait for a taxi. Taxi to the main town is 20 euro. Lots of really good accommodation by the harbour and this is where I normally stay. The Harbour has lots of bars and restaurants. The super yachts moor here and is a great place for chilling out and people watching. The Citadel is worth a visit and there is a lovely beach near by. You can take a train by the harbour, it goes around the coast to the next town, thats worth a trip.

Look at the current NOTAM’s when you fly, they have PPR for parking overnight, just show a little respect and email them in good time and you will have no issues. This may now be a lot easier with the 35 euro handling as there is now an online form.

Most of the time from mid morning the wind will shift around to a northerly on shore breeze. I’ve always flown in IFR which means flying the R18 approach then breaking right to circle to land. It appears that you get very close to mountains that run parallel to the runway, but hey, I’ve seen A320’s do it. Just brief your passengers prior the approach. Any further info just give me a shout. Hopefully I’ll get there soon.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)
Sign in to add your message