Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Canary Islands

Antonio wrote:

One alternative could be leaving FO entertaining with other FO’s while you do some day trips with local pilots? You already have a contact that could work very well to that effect…

good advice. At the moment FO is quite enthusiastic on researching options on each island, so we’ll see…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

so for me it’s not enough but FO says it’s too much

One alternative could be leaving FO entertaining with other FO’s while you do some day trips with local pilots? You already have a contact that could work very well to that effect…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

GCRR replied – I just have to confirm the date to ensure place on GA parking. For now it seems pretty feasible to visit 4-5 islands in two weeks. We’ll se if we’re still optimistic after getting there – the plan is LDVA-LFMU-LEJR-GCRR-GCHI-GCLA(maybe)-GCGM-GCTS(maybe)-GCLB(maybe)-GCFV-LEJR-LFMU-LDVA. It’s less than 30 flight hours – so for me it’s not enough but FO says it’s too much

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’m probably moving my trip to a bit earlier date – May instead of June. LFMU and LEJR as fuel stops confirmed no problems (at least now, who knows what will be in two-three weeks) and I’m waiting reply from GCRR.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I second terbang on GCRR. Friendly and helpful people. It’s a bit of a walk to the ARO though.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I’ll check GCFV as trip date approaches because it would be shame to be two weeks in the area and not to visit all islands if possible.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’ve been to GCFV a few years ago as a fuel stop. Normal airport. We were able to grab a sandwich and a coffee while there. That’s all I remember.

LPFR, Poland

Thanks @terbang – then my first leg will be from somewhere in Spain to GCRR. From there I’ll take it easy deciding when and where to continue to.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

GCRR is GA friendly. No handling required if you can get a stand on the GA ramp. There is Avgas but you won’t care I haven’t been to GCFV, it is reportedly not GA friendly and there is no Avgas.

These eastern islands are much drier than western ones. The mountains aren’t that high in the east either. While it can be windy too, terrain makes approaches not that demanding.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks to both. What about GCRR and GCFV, are they GA friendly? Similar weather conditions as other neighboring islands?

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Mar 06:50
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message