Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Carcassonne LFMK (Air BP / Avgas issues)

I’m planning the following trip Mid Jluy…..

EGBE – EGJB (Guernsey) – LFBZ (Biarritz) – LFMK (Carcassonne) – LFKC (Calvi) – LFBE (Bergerac)

I’ve had parking confirmed at Biarritz and sent out my other PPR’s this morning. Carcassonne have just emailed back saying no AVGAS. I mailed back saying I have an AirBP card and they have said AirBP weekends only. How did those get on with fueling on the recent EuroGA fly in? Had planned to land there on the Monday and fly on the Calvi on the Wednesday.

If I fill up at Biarritz, I have more than enough fuel to carry on to Calvi. any other suggestions for nice GA places with AVGAS along that coast.
Thanks
Rob

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 28 Jun 13:48
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Officially they do not have AvGas on weekdays because the pump is located on the ENAC school’s premises (apron). In practice, you can fuel if it is not too busy. Give the school a call and ask if you can fuel.

Otherwise I am sure that @PetitCessnaVoyageur will be happy to welcome you to Aix-les-Milles LFMA. Avignon LFMV is also a nice place to visit, both the airport and the city.

LFPT, LFPN

What I don’t get is why Carcassonne tell somebody “no avgas” while saying “Air BP only at weekends”, when it seemed clear from our fly-in in May that Air BP = Avgas.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just found this NOTAM…..

Q) LFBB/QFULT/IV/NBO /A /000/999/4313N00219E
A) LFMK
B) 16/04/01 07:10 C) 16/10/29 23:59
E) MON-FRI : 100LL FUELING NOT PROVIDED SAT-SUN : ONLY BP CARD

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Peter wrote:

What I don’t get is why Carcassonne tell somebody “no avgas” while saying “Air BP only at weekends”, when it seemed clear from our fly-in in May that Air BP = Avgas.

What’s even more unclear to me is why we could pay with our VISA cards without any issues.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Rob – yes, that was the official position during our fly-in.

But it isn’t actually true! They say that because the airport has done some dodgy deal with the based FTO, to guarantee they won’t have to share the ever so important avgas pump with the great unwashed who have the damn cheek to visit the airport from another airport…

The city is well worth a visit so I would suggest you just turn up, with enough fuel in the tanks to fly on, and after landing ask for avgas in the usual way. There is a fair chance you will get it. And the same with a Visa card.

However I suggest you get an AIR BP card if you don’t already have one. Air BP seems to be stitching up the self service business in France and other places, at an amazing speed…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter. Yes I have an AirBP card. Used it for the first time at La Rochelle then other week. It was billed in US dollars, then converted to GBP. It actually worked out cheaper than converting the Euro fuel receipt to GBP. (the equivalent of 1.30 Euros to the pound

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Rob2701 wrote:

Had planned to land there on the Monday and fly on the Calvi on the Wednesday.

Peter wrote:

What I don’t get is why Carcassonne tell somebody “no avgas” while saying “Air BP only at weekends”

Probably because Rob told them he would arrive on a weekday

Patrick wrote:

What’s even more unclear to me is why we could pay with our VISA cards without any issues.

Simply good will from the airport when the fueler is available. They will not commit to providing this service, though.

LFPT, LFPN
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message