Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Carcassonne LFMK And On To?

I’ve got 6-20 May free so I’m wondering where to go after the Carcassonne meet-up.

I’m presently thinking along the lines of Carcassonne LFMK – Barcelona Sabadell LELL – Gibraltar LXGB – Lisbon Cascais LPCS – La Rochelle LFBH and home to Fairoaks EGTF. I’ll do as much as possible IFR.

Gibraltar, if they’ll accept me, is outside the EU so that might complicate things a little.

Any suggestions or tips?

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Gibraltar, if they’ll accept me, is outside the EU so that might complicate things a little.

Yep; Spanish and Portugese customs airports are – pretty much without exception – expensive and a PITA. Coming from France, I would do customs and fuel at Perpignan, or even take it from Carcassonne if you can stretch it (but then you can’t do Barcelona).

That said, I am not sure Gibtaltar is such a nice place, but I know Brits have a certain fascination for it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Feb 16:42
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We can do Carcassonne – Sabadell – Gibraltar without refuelling.

boscomantico wrote:

That said, I am not sure Gibtaltar is such a nice place, but I know Brits have a certain fascination for it.

Ha! I’ve flown in there a few times and have friends there so it would be nice to drop in for a day or two.

Spending too long online

Carcassonne – Sabadell – Gibraltar without refuelling.

Yes, but your problem would be customs.

Re Portugal, Cascais is indeed a customs airport, so that’s a reasonable plan.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Maybe Sabadell LELL to Barcelona LELL VFR then file to Gibraltar from there.

Spending too long online

chrisparker wrote:

Maybe Sabadell LELL to Barcelona LELL VFR then file to Gibraltar from there.

Handling plus landing fees will cost you a total of €1000 at LELL. I would go to Girona (LEGE) instead of Sabadell. It is a 40 minute drive and rental cars are available. They have customs and immigration.

EGTK Oxford

Thanks Jason, sounds like a plan!

Spending too long online

Barcelona Sabadell = LELL (and was €80 in 2012)
Barcelona El Prat = LEBL (VFR prohibited)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was there (LELL) last year in the PA18, and parked for two days, I think the parking and landing fees came in below €60. Am reasonably sensitive to sticker shock so would gave remembered a migh higher tab.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks Robert18C. I might go into Sabadell LELL then reposition to Girona LEGE or Reus LERS to file IFR to Gibraltar LXGB.

Spending too long online
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message