Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB IR and EIR published today

I was a little bit surprised that the EIR and CB IR had the same examination requirements. I assumed the EIR, with it’s reduced privileges would have reduced TK (like the old IMCr). I guess there isnt a single book covering the approaches you arent allowed to do with an EIR, and largely a lot of the navigation stuff is relevant to fly airways etc.. I was also surprised there seems to be the current two ‘stages’ and 7 examinations. It will be interesting to know how other European states implement the examinations parts.

There is actually not that much stuff in the IR TK which is departure/approach only. IFR procedures is a very small part of the TK — and even an EIR holder must be able to fly a hold.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hi, I just got my CBIR added to my easa ppl based on my FAA experience and of cause a skill test.

As I have done the FAA ATP written last year at Flight Safety I have heard that I can have the HPA-limitations on the CBIR removed – are there anybody who can confirm that or have experience with it?

cheers FD

Float Driver
123 Posts
Sign in to add your message