Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CBM IR delayed

The Draft Opinion 03/2013 was not voted in at July's Comitology.

I don't know where this leaves things, but it seems fairly obvious that with the current derogation on the EASA FCL "foreign licensed pilot shafting" ending in April 2014, there cannot be enough time left for

• the CBM IR (now called the CB IR, it seems) to be finalised
  • the online question banks to be prepared
  • the ground school FTOs to prepare a teaching syllabus
  • the IRT examiners to be issued with the oral exam syllabus
  • etc

in time for April 2014.

Let alone for anybody to complete even a conversion course!

This means almost the whole N-reg, VP-reg, etc private flying community (bizjets included) will be illegal from April 2014.

Almost nobody has done the ICAO IR to JAA IR 15hr conversion route which is still the only option on the table.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

that's a shame.i find it abit arse about face that the imc rating will get the chop before this comes online.

it also might be get only wa for an instructor to earn a crust as a huge number of flying schools are about to bite the dust when the costs of becoming an ato kick in.

My other disappointment and real concern with this not passing into law is the world leaving flight training organisations that curn out pilots of the highest calibre for the airline industry with less 200 hours. still have time to put a block on it.

Peter, do you meant hey didn't get around to voting it in, or it was rejected?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I have no idea what happened but I think we would have heard something had it been rejected.

Administrator

Seems that those who said that this whole thing was Vapourware anyhow and just designed to keep the community quiet only to let them run into a brick wall when it will become obvious that it will never happen. Am I surprised? Not really.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This means almost the whole N-reg, VP-reg, etc private flying community (bizjets included) will be illegal from April 2014.

For clarification, do you mean pilots flying N reg with an IR and/or without the equivelant EASA licencses? For example I should be OK as I have an JAR (soon to be EASA) granted PPL with a piggy back FAA PPL. I wasnt sure if need to be more concerned.

You will be fine.

Administrator

The latest UK CAA EASA Bulletin strikes a slightly less negative tone:

In a short exchange no countries expressed opposition to any of the proposals in the Opinion.

Also, it looks like a vote was never on the agenda.

Finally:

The UK gave its full support to the Opinion 03/2013 but added that it was still seeking a way of continuing the UK IMCR for new applicants after April 2014. The Commission acknowledged the UK’s concern and that it was well known adding that it had a dialogue with the UK that would continue to seek a solution.

EGEO

I've just read that it will be presented to a vote in October.

Administrator

Coincidentally I was looking for the agenda for the next meeting only yesterday, but gave up on the idea due to the infernally difficult web site. Where did you see this Peter?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message