Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Certified fun in Spain

Thank you all, glad you liked the write-up

Antonio wrote:

What type’s your Mooney and how did it behave in the very hot wx?

It’s an Encore-converted 252. It has a TSIO360SB. It’s not a problem to keep the temperatures low with the 252s, but climb performance was anemic.

Peter wrote:

Some good ideas for the usual late-autumn meet-up in Spain. We did Badajoz (for Merida) last October (though only 2 aircraft made it) so maybe Segovia this year?

Yes, but the field is PPR, so this would require some coordination with the operator. What about Granada? The big airport there is GA friendly and the town is really nice, too.

WiliamF wrote:

Roughly what average TAS and Fuel Burn did you have on the trip? The efficiency is compelling.

I can’t tell exactly for this trip, there were quite a few short legs, but usually we see a little over ten GPH at 65%. She does 165kt up high (say 170 and higher) and about 155kt at 120.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Great trip and report as usual!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This Juan Espadafor airfield is interesting. It must either be new or an upgraded AG / fire fighting strip (there are several in the area). Certainly did not exist in its present form when I lived in the area. The trouble with many of these small strips in Spain is the total lack of local services.

Cool trip! Looks warm

I’m a closet Mooney 252 fan. Roughly what average TAS and Fuel Burn did you have on the trip? The efficiency is compelling.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Excellent photos! I can‘t quite share your enthusiasm for places in the middle of Spain, but still love your reports. You really put the Mooney to good use.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What a brilliant trip.

Some good ideas for the usual late-autumn meet-up in Spain. We did Badajoz (for Merida) last October (though only 2 aircraft made it) so maybe Segovia this year?

Badajoz was “fun” in that the avgas pump officially shut 1300 UTC so I had to do a really early start from Shoreham; just after sunrise. In the end it turned out that the pump man was happy to wait all day if you were paying cash

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice trip @terbang thanks for sharing, about the right time for my inspiration as I am doing the same in a Mooney next week

I will check Requena (LERE) on way out (they have cheap Avgas?) and probably Badajoz (LEBZ) on way back if time helps…

If you wanna sell one day: leave the trim fully forward

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Aug 20:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thank you! Great report, as always.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Thanks for your report. It inspires me to fly again southbound to Spain.

EDDS , Germany

Thanks for posting, terbang, nice trip!
I had not heard of Espaldafor, looks like my kind of field if going to wonderful Granada again.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message