Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna Navomatic autopilot repair

Please does anyone know an avionics man that can repair these somewhat old autopilots?
Thanks

UK, United Kingdom

If you are in the UK, there is AFAIK only one shop which knows anything about autopilots: Lees Avionics, later GAMA, currently at Fairoaks. @wigglyamp should know more about their capability but I am not sure if he still posts here.

In the rest of Europe there is basically one shop in Germany, Avionics Straubing, but reports I have heard do vary.

The real expertise is in the USA and a firm called Autopilots Central is often mentioned. From Europe this is tricky because you can’t take your plane there. What people here have done was to ship the parts there for testing/overhauling/etc. It isn’t cheap, obviously.

I don’t know anything about the Navomatic (other than stuff on google suggesting it is a 40+ year old design) but these old boxes had multiple age related failure mechanisms and they get increasingly hard to fix. Throw in some PCB corrosion…

What is the problem with yours?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Gama don’t do any component-level servicing now. Autopilot Central are a good bet – had lots of success with them on older systems.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Thanks folks, it is not mine but just doing some research for an aquaintance who has one that needs attention. BTW I used one in a C172 for very many years and it was great at doing what it was designed to do.
Thanks.

UK, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message