Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna T207A thoughts? (also other Cessna 2xx types)

RobertL18C wrote:

, but don’t plan to build a pension from it.

At some point I want a plane anyway, and it should have at least some (commercial) potential (not saying it will be executed at all) without ruining me financially, so anything turbine or high priced such as DA62 is out of the question. Piston and pressurization doesn’t make sense for my flying (but you never know).
A C172 or 182 would be fine for the type of flights I enjoy from LOWG to LJPZ, LIPV, LDLO, LDDU etc… (fixed gear for grass, good downward visibility due to high wing), as would be an older Cirrus (comfortable seating, parachute). But these are readily available to charter and even at high hourly cost it would be less hassle to just use the money to rent. Simple vfr flights down to Croatia for the weekend would be perfect in a six seater by shaving 5 hours off the trip time from taking the car.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 21 Dec 21:09
always learning
LO__, Austria

Antonio wrote:

Definitely. I can’t think of a more capable SEP

That picture is pure gold! Is that a P210?

always learning
LO__, Austria

210FG it is that you need then!

Yes, pic is P210

Last Edited by Antonio at 21 Dec 21:09
Antonio
LESB, Spain

C210 might be a candidate for a future BRS stc.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I don’t think P210s go much above 185, no? 190 if pushed hard above FL200 and with the cylinders glowing red… It also climbs like a dog and flies like a truck. Even the world’s most experienced P210 pilot didn’t have all that many positive things to say about it. From the design POV, it was quite a nightmare, he said.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Snoopy wrote:

C210 might be a candidate for a future BRS stc.

The non pressurized version yes.

I agree that a good 210 can be very interesting indeed, is a good load carrier and a very capable plane. Personally I have been window shopping for a P210, but it is not an airplane I can ever afford…. still it opens huge possibilities. And it is nowhere as exotic as a T207.

Of course if you really want to haul load like in that great pic and have a 2nd pilot available then there are a few very nice AN2’s for sale which make flying a very different experience :)

You will not have a problem with either baggage nor pax complaining about a small cabin again, yet you might also have 2nd thoughts at the 125 kts cruise at somewhere around 40 GPH. Or the 36 USG oil tank. Or the fact that you better hire a mechanic from the east block to maintain it for you. But it is a wonderful airplane to fly.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Dec 22:08
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

And it is nowhere as exotic as a T207.

Is it really exotic? It’s a stretched 206, fixed gear, non pressurized, simple design really. Ok the turbo conti might be a headache but down low it should be easier to keep it cool. Why would the running cost of a 207 be different (higher) than one of the shorter turbo fixed gear cessnas?

A P210 has radar (very nice), pressurization, retractable gear etc…(maintenance intensive).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Oh btw that AN2 cabin is gorgeous, very tasteful!

always learning
LO__, Austria

That is an absolutely amazing photo, Antonio!

I have to assume you removed some seats

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Antonio
Great pic indeed!
Can you show us how the airplane looked inside after loading all baggage?

Sign in to add your message