Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheapest engine oil in Europe

Where is the best place to order smallish quantities (say anything from 1 to 12 quarts) of aviation oil, say Aeroshell W80, in Europe?

I used to buy it from Aircraft Spruce Europe for about 5.50€ per quart incl VAT, but now they seem to have gone crazy somehow. Who’s got the lowest price?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You could inquire with www.kreissler24.de
No personal experience, no interest, hearsay only.

Last Edited by at 03 Jan 12:54
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Indeed Spruce EU had great prices on Aeroshell, but since about mid- last year they put their prices up considerably !

I had a good source in the UK but the shipping cost to the continent puts it right up there.

Would like to see who others are using !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Checked www.kreissler24.de , didn’t see any Aeroshell 15W50 , only 100 in 200 lters drums and the prices don’t look that attractive.

Last Edited by Michael at 03 Jan 13:00
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

In the case of oil, shipping to where you are will be too much for any non-German vendor, but I often use LAS Aero

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Shipping within the EU is often not much more than domestically, depends on the contract the shipper has.

That’s a great price @ Las Aero – I’m going to give them a try.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Nothing else? The LAS prices are not particularly attractive if figuring in the current (poor) exchange rate for us in the Euro area.

The best I could find is this. They are currently running a “winter campaign”. Works out to just over 6 Euros (VAT incl.) per quart, but they don’t sell by the bottle.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jan 16:06
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco – I found LAS’s price on oil high as well, once VAT, xchange & shipping.

That said – check out their price on Concorde RG batteries – lowest I’ve ever seen in Europe – I just ordered a Concorde RG35A and the shipping to France was not bad considering the weight, @25€ .

That’s a great deal on Aeroshell @ Skyfox.de

Last Edited by Michael at 03 Jan 16:17
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

This is the cheapest place I can find and postage is free within the UK. Sorry I don’t know about europe. If your an LAA member you also get 10% discount.

www.buyoils.co.uk/ourshop/cat_729637-Aviation-Oil.html

Interesting… that’s TOTAL oil, not the Shell or Exxon which are normally used in Lyco or Conti engines.

The only place I have ever seen anybody use TOTAL aero oil was in an aeroclub in France.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message