Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Checklist printing options (on airline safety card „material“).

Do you know of a place that provides printing on plastic? I’d like to have my custom checklists printed. I’m thinking of a material like airline safety cards.

Thanks!

Last Edited by Snoopy at 13 May 09:21
always learning
LO__, Austria

I have stopped laminating my checklists. The reason is that I want to tweak and improve some details too frequently, and it’s too much faff laminating anew each time. So, I just keep them on simple paper. And when a particular one has been “consumed”, I just print a new one.

That said, there are these handy laminating devices for home use. No need to use a third party for that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yep, laminators are cheap.

EGTK Oxford

I have laminated them at home so far, but i want to one up it and get printed ones (non reflective, like airline safety cards).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy, you can simply buy matte laminating pouches.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I did this in 2003, and that checklist is still, sort of, hanging together.

The problem is that one has to print it, cut the pages out with the tabs in the right places, laminate it, and the cut the laminate out about 3mm around the boundary of the paper.

I believe there are services which have the machinery for doing this neatly, but last time I looked (2003) it was way too expensive for a one-off.

Inkjet printers can print on rigid card (cardboard).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have used this plastic paper in 350 micron (0.35mm) thickness for single page Meridian checklist. And the 100 micron version for a 10 page C340 spiral bound checklist…..

A laser printer prints straight onto the plasticised paper giving a really tough checklist without laminating. Super sharp, full colour and all done at home.

Plastic paper

Lydd

Thanks, I prefer to just order it ready printed but if I cant find any shop online I’ll but the plastic paper.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ultranomad wrote:

matte laminating pouches.

What is that? Home laminate? I’ve done that until now…

always learning
LO__, Austria

A pouch is a “pocket” of clear (or matt) material which you stick the piece of paper inside before showing it into the laminator.

Usually they are just the right size for A4 and for anything smaller you have to trim the thing afterwards.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message