Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Sad :) but it happens to cars as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Really weird. The interior totally burnt out yet the fuel carrying parts are ok. Batteries or does this plane have oxygen generators like airliners or another oxygen source which can catch fire? That is the only thing I can imagine which could cause something like that in a cabin. And this has happened a lot with airliners too with defective oxygen generators.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@airways
Unlikely.
Lead Acid Batteries are in the back under the baggage compartment floor.

Anyway it will be interesting to see how Cirrus’ propaganda machine will deal with this mishap.

Last Edited by cessnatraveller at 28 Dec 19:12

Technically oxygen is not flammable but it makes flammable materials easy to catch fire. Any mix containing more than 40% of oxygen practically have the same potential for supporting fire as pure oxygen.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Technically oxygen is not flammable but it makes flammable materials easy to catch fire. Any mix containing more than 40% of oxygen practically have the same potential for supporting fire as pure oxygen.

Someone was smoking with O2 on?
Or just playing with matches?
“Don’t Play with Matches or Fire” (c) FDNY
Sorry, couldn’t resist! :)

It would be interesting to see the results of the investigation.

EGTR

This happened at my home airport and the local rumor mill talks of a bleed air issue on the right side. How realistic that is I don’t know and that’s all I’ve heard so far.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

This happened at my home airport and the local rumor mill talks of a bleed air issue on the right side. How realistic that is I don’t know and that’s all I’ve heard so far.

Possible but I would be surprised if a bleed air leak could cause a fire on the ramp like that. If so it would indicate a design flaw.

EGTK Oxford

Could be a tablet/phone plugged charging under the heat but it is a Cirrus Jet so lot to keep pilots imagination going on untill the report comes out

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

untill the report comes out

Well, will there be one? Is the NTSB involved in this? Not sure if a ground incident like this would warrant a full inquiry, even tough I think it would be very productive to have one.

172driver wrote:

This happened at my home airport and the local rumor mill talks of a bleed air issue on the right side.

Do you know if this happened while the engine was running and someone on board or did it happen while it was parked? That would be an interesting starting point for an investigation.

Bleed air fault would be very scary indeed if it can have such consequences. If that proves true, I would not be surprised if the Vision Jet would face another grounding. In any case, it better be made clear if what ever happened here can happen in the air as well…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message