Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Climate change

dirkdj wrote:

I am all for a better environment, less pollution, but the current CO2 mania is clearly driven by a different agenda.

Yes. AOC and others are coming out of the closet:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/george-monbiot-and-the-climate-change-heart-of-darkness

EKRK, Denmark

In the book I mentioned, the hidden agenda is clearly explained; Tim Ball has also been on the receiving end of incoming; the Wikipedia page about him claims he is a ‘denier’, nothing could be further from the truth if you have read his book. This whole climate thing is since long a religious war, no longer science. You either agree with them or they will break you. No room for academic dissent.

EBKT

dirkdj wrote:

Please look at the attached chart for the emissions/intake of CO2 on the planet.
CO2 balance sheet

Can you provide a source for that chart?

On the other hand, if NO GHG would be present, the average temperature on the planet would drop by about 33°C. Life would only be possible at the equator and only just.

That is likely true (I haven’t bothered to check) but completely irrelevant. It’s like saying you can’t get fat by eating too much simply because you will die if you don’t eat!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well a CO2 concentration below 150 ppm will kill plant life.

EKRK, Denmark

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

dirkdj wrote:

In the book I mentioned, the hidden agenda is clearly explained; Tim Ball has also been on the receiving end of incoming; the Wikipedia page about him claims he is a ‘denier’, nothing could be further from the truth if you have read his book.

OK, so you read one book, everything is there and now you know it. Great, now you have a lot of free time for other activities. You could go for a Bible or any other similar book – they also have all answers in one book.

dirkdj wrote:

This whole climate thing is since long a religious war, no longer science.

I’ve never heard about religion which collects data, analyses it and then comes with some conclusion.

dirkdj wrote:

You either agree with them or they will break you. No room for academic dissent.

Yes, secret and super-powerful green forces will track you down and eliminate if you’re against them How come that we don’t see much of these in reality and how come that they haven’t shutdown all farms producing enormous quantities of methane?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Having been a pilot for 53 years, having spent a portion of my professional career in the met office, I am more than a bit interested in what others have to say about ‘climate change’.

EBKT

Well it is definitely taking place. All of the 20 hottest years on record have been in the past 22 years, just saying. link

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

The climate has been changing since day one of the planet. The sun activity, clouds (water vapour + CO2 = GHG), temperature of the oceans, albedo of the planet, all play a major part.
Humans are mainly responsible for pollution, not climate.
There is also an warming effect where many observation stations are now in a built-in area where only 50 years ago there was still open space (urban island effect).
We all want clean air and water, some climate science is now misused for political reasons.

EBKT

dirkdj wrote:

We all want clean air and water, some climate science is now misused for political reasons.

I wonder what this “political reason” is, given that a wide spectrum of politicians see AGW as a serious threat. I mean, there is something very strange with a “political reason” that unites e.g. US democrats and European communists!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message