Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Clued Up online magazine from the UK CAA (merged)

And here is another one.

It may be a good idea to double-check some stuff printed in there before relying on it for legal advice…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is another one

Administrator

You can generate and download a PDF (or individual pages) by clicking the ‘download’ icon in the toolbar (upper right, next to the ‘print’ icon).

I clicked on download and it generated and downloaded a pdf.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I don’t even have Flash installed on this machine. Flash is so 2000s. Many mobile devices (iOS) will never have flash.

Andreas IOM

DavidC wrote:

or whether this would be limited to UK only

The EASA people I talked to at the Friedrichshafen show very much want to see this Europe wide.

LSZK, Switzerland

The LPAT reminds me of the CAA proposal, years ago, for a low cost Mode S TXP. Of course, no manufacturer was interested, because nobody wanted to bomb the GBP 2k (plus installation) market price, which includes the absolutely essential dealer discount, especially when it costs just GBP 100-200 to build a GTX330 so whatever price you sold yours for, Garmin could always chop your legs off. But more to the point nobody would want to install it, unless they charged more for the installation cost.

One can convert the mag to PDF but it’s a hassle. I suspect these things are driven by a desire to “possess” the publication and prevent it being re-hosted. The owner of the Socata owners group did the same, creating a summary of lubrication requirements as flash movie! Of course that was “out” as a PDF without an hour, but anybody re-hosting it would be kicked out of the group. The least dirty way I can think of for this magazine is a screenshot of each page (e.g. Faststone screen capture) and then drop all the jpegs into a PDF. Maybe 10 mins… and somebody clever could automate it.

Administrator

A worthwhile read

The article on LPAT (low powered traffic alerting system) was very interesting – a cheaper form of ADS-B that we could benefit from. Sadly no timescales mentioned or whether this would be limited to UK only.

The clarification of what SERA means for the UK pilot was one of the best I’ve seen.

But I dislike these online magazine reader formats in general – would much prefer just having a straightforward PDF copy to use with a standard PDF viewer.
This would also allow offline consumption, eg during travel.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

here

It’s quite good reading in places. There is a report on a weird double engine failure in a Chieftain, and a proposal for a low power ADS-B product.

Some funny stuff too

Administrator

I seem to recall AOPA stating many years ago, that approximately 30% of infringements were by the military.

Egnm, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message