Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Connext without Garmin Pilot

I am not a great fan of Garmin Pilot, but I do have a beautifully integrated Connext cockpit.

Is there anyway to upload a GFP file from Autorouter to the GTN without using GP?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Not that I’m aware of. Personally, GP (linked to Jepp plates) is my only tool other than using the graphical NOTAM element of SD when VFR in the UK.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

You can store the flightplan on the GTN datacard on your PC and import it once the card is back in the GTN.

As far as I know, altitude changes are lost when transferring a flight plan from Garmin Pilot.

I normally use the SD card method, but this weekend turned out to be very different from planned (I was supposed just to ferry an aircraft back from Germany, for which I had loaded the SD card, but the boss suddenly decided that I should go to Cannes first, then back home) and I only had my iPad, no computer, which set me thinking.

I have looked for iPad SD card dongles, but they seem to be only for reading, nor writing. :-(

EGKB Biggin Hill

Also AFAIK they can transfer data only to the Camera Roll i.e. camera pics. Has this changed recently?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Timothy,stick with GP. You can import a route from autorouter (might need a cut-and-paste) and then squirt it over. The other really neat bit about GP is that you can combine your subscriptions such that you have an up to date Nav database on your iPad and this will then transfer to your GTN on connection.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Unfortunately the Garmin database for Europe is more expensive than the one directly from Jeppesen …

One thing that occurs to me is that my phone has a micro SD card slot, and micro SD cards can go into adapters to become SD cards…

Maybe I’ll experiment.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Maybe something like this will do the job …?

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message