Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Converting SEP IR to MEP IR

10 Posts

Anybody know the answer to this?

Pilot has EASA SEP IR and MEP rating (and CPL) what does he need to do to convert to MEP IR ?

Is it just training as required and skills test or some minimum hours MEP IR training ?

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

15 hrs IR in MEP and skill test, IIRC.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Suggest asking on the PPL/IR Europe forum and/or Jim Thorpe at Rate One Aviation

I am 95% sure it is 5hrs mandatory training plus the skills test. Some of the training can be in a simulator. There may be an abbreviated skills test.

I did this back in 1999, and did manage to get an abbreviated skills test which avoided the en-route section.

5 hours MEP IR in ATO and skill test. I went this path last year and I doubt anything has changed since.

Last Edited by Emir at 19 Jun 06:12
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks guys that’s really helpful.

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Does anyone have a tip where I can find the 5h IR in the EASA FCL?

Switzerland

HB-JAN wrote:

Does anyone have a tip where I can find the 5h IR in the EASA FCL?

Appendix 6 to part-FCL, para. A 9 (traditional IR) or Aa 12 (CB-IR):

The holder of a single-engine IR who also holds a multi-engine class or type rating wishing to obtain a multi-engine IR for the first time shall complete a course at an ATO comprising at least 5 hours instruction in instrument flying in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in an FFS or FNPT II.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Appendix 6 – Modular training courses for the IR wrote

The holder of a single-engine IR who also holds a multi-engine class or type rating wishing to obtain a multi-engine IR for the first time shall complete a course at an ATO comprising at least 5 hours instruction in instrument flying in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in an FFS or FNPT II.

Nevermind, didn’t reload browser before posting answer.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 08 Mar 23:02
always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks a lot guys! Do I see that correctly, that I as SEP IR holder, at the initial course to MEP, must take two exams, one for the CR and the other after the MEP IR Transition?

Switzerland

Yes, you need the skill test for the MEP CR and then the ME IR skill test. The ATO might be able to consolidate the training and exams though.

always learning
LO__, Austria
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message