Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ground personnel loses arm in PC12 incident at LIBP

always learning
LO__, Austria

Als er die Bremsklötze zum Fixieren der Räder anbringen wollte, kam es zu dem folgenschweren Unfall. Der Mitarbeiter geriet in den noch laufenden Propeller. Dabei wurde ihm der linke Arm regelrecht abgerissen.

When he tried to attach the brake blocks to fix the wheels, the momentous accident occurred. The employee got caught in the propeller, which was still running. His left arm was literally torn off in the process.

Translation by DeepL…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Snoopy wrote:

Yikes…I wonder what happened there.

The article gives a reasonable description. Or?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The article gives a reasonable description. Or?

I meant it in a

„I wonder what happened there to make a ramp worker walk into a spinning prop. Was it perhaps someone new/inexperienced/careless/unfamiliar or some extremely unlucky misunderstanding“

kind of way.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Unfortunately even experienced pilots/personnel walk into propellers. You have to teach your body to be totally allergic to a propeller. Studiously avoiding the arc at all times, not fondling it like some high school sweetheart, or draping yourself over it for a dashing selfie. You are basically training your body to treat it as a natural enemy in the animal kingdom. Like a poisonous snake, for example.

If you see a nick gently touch it with a finger tip, not putting your hand up and down the leading edge – use your eyes.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message