Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What happened to China Eastern Flight 5735

I just realized that news about this plane, which crashed in March ‘22 basically died in May 2022. There was the big rumor about a potential pilot suicide, Germanwings Style (which leaves many questions open about what the co-pilot did, etc.), but basically no news at all. Which I find very weird. Apparently all western investigations stopped or have been made stop after May ’22. I heard one rumor that potentially Boeing leaked the suicide rumor (in order to defend their reputation) and have been punished by China afterwards in a prolonged 737MAX8 ban. Just rumors, didn’t fact check. Did anybody hear anything?

Germany

Wiki page.

I heard one rumor that potentially Boeing leaked the suicide rumor (in order to defend their reputation)

Indeed, standard anti American stuff. Always all over the internet. Not for EuroGA.

Both Boeing and the Chinese have the FDR data, while China has usual reasons to suppress bad news especially if there is a political angle. I would expect Boeing to be under an NDA and they can’t just publish the data without Chinese consent.

There was the big rumor about a potential pilot suicide

That is not a rumour; it is in the FDR data.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wiki states that this is still all preliminary. Do you have a source for the FDR data proving the accident cause?

Germany

See the wiki link.

Re “proving”, no, there is always room for an anti American interpretation, which given the political landscape, both in Europe (the Russian invasion) and in China-US relations, is to be expected

An NDA is also a great thing for that.

China leads the investigation, so they can suppress it and nobody can do anything about it. Even in Europe, accident investigations are sometimes “interesting” and almost universally avoid criticism of “system” issues (airspace policy, ATC policy, State owned pilot training, etc). In China, you can forget it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message