Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TBM900 M-VNTR crash Fairoaks, no fatalities

Wow – I was only gazing in admiration at his brand new 3 week old TBM in the Sterna hangar 10 days ago when we were in Ronaldsway. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side I guess.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I was talking to someone down the pub who was trying to encourage me to work for him as a pilot just the other week! (I was trying to explain that my time in vintage taildraggers and similarly vintage light twins doesn’t really qualify me for a TBM!) Sad to hear he’s binned it, happy they are all safe.

Last Edited by alioth at 18 Oct 10:35
Andreas IOM

Good to see that they walked away, not the easiest aircraft to carry out a forced landing into a field.

I believe he also flies a Husky which he brought over himself from the USA on the northern VFR route.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

I believe he also flies a Husky

And also a Citation as well I am told, very famous inventor, made a fortune from the ‘electric kettle’.

He conceived and funded the Corpus Clock at Cambridge which is amazing…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Clock

Glad that he is OK to fly another day.

Does anyone has an idea about what happened on this brand new aircraft ???

If this was an engine failure, it would be the second TBM which had one shortly from new. The other one was in the USA and they landed on a highway.

That’s my recollection, FWIW.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Plus the pressurization problem which occurred at the beginning life of the 900, which ended in the water with sleeping occupants. Am I right ?
That’s quite a bad series.

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

Plus the pressurization problem which occurred at the beginning life of the 900

That is not exactly restricted to the 900… quite a few similar events happened with pressurized airplanes. Two engine failures however in relatively short time with turbines is noteworthy.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You are right, but it struck me as its life had just beggun.

BTW, off airport landing, with such an aircraft and happy outcome, is quite an outstanding performance !

21 Posts
Sign in to add your message