Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Customs and Immigration as separate services, and flights to/from the UK

Thanks a lot! That was indeed my missing piece of info

EHLE, EDLS, Netherlands

These things are not trivial, indeed.

First of all, yes, the list of border crossing points is available. This one should be the latest amendment.

As you can see, Stadtlohn IS on that list. That tallies with the AIP entry, which mentions O/R 24h, and doesn’t say anything to the contrary.

So, you can contact the airport and make a request for Schengen exit with at least 24h of notice. The airport will then contact the local Bundespolizei, which will then take care of it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Jun 14:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m trying to figure out the requirements for the airports when flying Germany <→ UK. Regarding the GAR forms, FPL and timing of that etc that’s clear.
I prefer to fly direct, specifically from Stadtlohn (EDLS) to Bembridge (EGHJ) and back. Is this officially allowed? Generally, if you travel Schengen <→ non-Schengen one needs to clear immigration. In NL though, as also pointed out above, basically any airport can be used (https://www.gendec.eu/index/dashboard):
to enter or exit. The same for UK, any airport can be used.

From www.fliegen-in-uk.de, I read "Soll dieser “Absprungspunkt” in Deutschland liegen: es reicht weiterhin, wenn der Platz, den man verwendet, eine Grenzübergangsstelle ist. " or in English "Should this “jump-off point” be in Germany: it is still sufficient if the place you spoil is a border crossing point". Does anyone have a list of airports in Germany that qualify as “Grenzübergangsstelle”? Is meant here having ‘immigration’?

AIP VFR Deutschland, EDLS:

Feels a bit odd to make an additional stop at for example Muenster-Osnabrueck (EDDG), Oostende (EBOS), or Le Touqet (LFAT) to clear immigration.

Is the only ‘official’ way to fly direct, a method as described in the thread Departure which is illegal per Immigration or Customs – anybody tried it?

EHLE, EDLS, Netherlands

Thanks for the cycling suggestion (now I need to find a box to pull two toddlers behind the folding bike, at least it’s flat lands )

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 May 16:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Has anyone flown to MZ (EHMZ)

I know you like cycling so here is a good cycle route from Midden Zeeland ..

From the airfield head east to wpt no 25 where you can get the ferry across to 24 where you can follow the Veese Meer to wpt 1 where you can then get another ferry back to no 36 and from there follow the river bank to no 48 and back to the airfield.

On a nice day it really is a good bike ride, about 33km

Sounds good, thanks !

I phoned TEXEL last week and was told that you can fly straight there from the UK, and thats what I would have done yesterday if the plane was not U/S.

They said that I should send an email to .. [email protected] … the day before with a copy of the UK GAR form, this gives the information they want as to who we are and when we intend to arrive and depart.

Due to WIP Texel has a 200m displaced threshold at the 03 end but they say that there is still 950m

In Groningen last week they said I should also fill in form referred to above, see below

Does that still work now for flying UK to EHMZ & EHTX as of today? or one has to fly to Rotterdam or Breda first?

I am interested in recent pirep…

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 May 14:12

Ibra wrote:

Has anyone flown to MZ (EHMZ) or Texel (EHTX) from UK?

For Netherlands you need send them a copy of the UK GAR form and also complete this form as well

https://www.gendec.eu/

Has anyone flown to MZ (EHMZ) or Texel (EHTX) from UK? their AIP entries are dodgy, they distinguish immigration & custom?

I have flown to both while ago (few Texel August fly-ins and MZ in 2019) but not sure if anyone has a recent pirep starting this year?

47 Posts
Sign in to add your message