Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

D-reg Cessna 152 ARC expired transport + FAA IA (also moving a C152 to N-reg) ?

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have recently purchased a D-reg Cessna 152 in Germany. The arc is currently expired and the aircraft cannot fly.

I would like to move the aircraft to a different airport, I was thinking about removing the wings and transport it in a truck or trailer. Does anyone know a company near Berlin that would be able to provide this service?

I would also like to change the aircraft registration from D-reg to N-reg. Can anyone recommend a good FAA IA near Berlin ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jaime

I think it is possible to get temporary ferry permission to fly the aircraft to a new location.

ESME, ESMS

Where are you based, @Jaime?

You can get a ferry Permit from the Part66 CFS, who could issue an ARC, too.

Why reregister to NReg? Just been through with it with a C310Q. Never again. DReg is as good as it can get in Europe, for any ELA1.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

The aircraft is currently 60km north of Berlin, in a small airport, without any CAMO facilities nearby.

I would also really appreciate it, if someone could recommend an EASA part 66 freelance mechanic, if there is one nearby that speaks English. I do not speak any German.

The aircraft will be regularly flown outside Europe, and I intend to fly more than 300 hours per year, so the N-reg would offer more flexibility.

Thanks

I would also like to change the aircraft registration from D-reg to N-reg. Can anyone recommend a good FAA IA near Berlin ?

The IA is the easy bit. The FAA DAR (Designated Airworthiness Representative) is the hard bit. There are only 1 or 2 in Europe and they are so busy they have a virtual license to print money. I would find it amazing if it was worth putting a 152 onto the N-reg these days (maybe 30 years ago it was). I do have one DAR contact and I last I heard he lived in Switzerland and flew a Mooney, but he rarely replied to emails.

The aircraft will be regularly flown outside Europe

It would be worth checking whether the planned country allows long term basing of N-regs. Quite a lot of “3rd World” countries don’t allow it, after a period of time proportional to how much you bribe the local officials

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve seen a C152, which had damaged its nosewheel at a grass strip, being transported on a car trailer, with its wings off and alongside.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thank you all for your input.

Yes Peter, I imagine that the DAR would be the most difficult part of the process. I’ve read about your experience on your website.

I would like to find a German speaking FAA IA to take a look at the aircraft and the logbooks, and advise me whether a change of registration is at all feasible.

If you’re looking for a good A&P/IA I can recommend Justus from ACG (see web site for contact). I have excellent experience with him. But like others already wrote above, I also have doubts that this project make sense economically.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

If you’re looking for a good A&P/IA I can recommend Justus from ACG (see web site for contact). I have excellent experience with him. But like others already wrote above, I also have doubts that this project make sense economically.

Thank you so much. I will give Justus a call.

Be very careful.

Once you de-register a plane, it cannot fly, so you are over a barrel. Nobody will have the slightest financial interest in getting you out of the hole. Mine sat in the hangar for 2 months, and I could do nothing because if I complained I would get chucked out of the hangar (standard GA hangar politics; hangar owners hold all the cards). Eventually I decided to risk it and organised it myself; it was done a few days later. But I was lucky the hangar owner was a 145 company with zero interest in Socatas.

And if a plane is worth say 15k then the transfer cost, likely at least 5k, is hardly worth doing unless there is something very unusual that you want at the end of it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message