Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Deauville Lunch Trip

10 Posts

Short video of a flight from Fairoaks EGTF to Deauville LFRG for lunch.

Landing fee at Deauville was €45 and it was also €45 each way by taxi from the airport to Honfleur for lunch. Well worth a visit, Honfleur is very pretty.

Last Edited by chrisparker at 09 May 18:26
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Nice video, just a question – where did you get the data from the airspeed, altitude and GPS from?

EDL*, Germany

It’s all recorded by the Garmin Virb Elite cameras. I record the sound separately and edit it in later.

Spending too long online

Lovely video, being able to show different angles of view makes it very lively. Must be the first time I watch a flying video and don’t think it’s overly long :-)))
Great panel, I think you posted it on pplir a few months back, fantastic to see it in action.
The music was covering the audio a bit too much, I thought, I always enjoy hearing ATC/pilot interaction.

EGTF, LFTF

Thanks for the kind words. The aircraft audio is only interesting in parts so the music fills in the gaps and adds atmosphere. I lower the volume of the music from time to time though.

The next one will be better!

Spending too long online

Great video.

Honfleur is a beautiful destination. If you blanche slightly at the €45 each way taxi fare, you can also visit Trouville for lunch which is very pleasant and perhaps €20 each way in the taxi.

Oxford and Bidford

If I ever run short of money I plan to gain considerable wealth by becoming a taxi driver in France

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

According to this it should cost between 28 € and 34 € for 11 km (17 minutes)

Last Edited by Aviathor at 10 May 11:05
LFPT, LFPN

Disagree somewhat with the distance calculations you used Aviathor
Département – Calvados / Distance – circa 17.5km / Tarif – between €36 et €42.
Unclear if that is one person or more, but there were three in the party – thus it looks reasonable in my book.

If I ever run short of money I plan to gain considerable wealth by becoming a taxi driver in France

That might well be disappointing – I have a shrewd suspicion a very substantial part of what you pay goes to various authorities and precious little goes to the cab driver or his boss.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message