Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Denmark suggestions?

I’ve not flown to Denmark yet and fancy doing so (from UK).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a friendly airport for a first trip close to a nice town to stay/visit?
We won’t need customs as we will already have cleared into Schengen.
Aircraft is a Pioneer 300 on UK permit so VFR only.
The Engine is a Rotax 912S so ideally somewhere with Mogas or UL91 on site.
Note we can burn 100LL if required. I just have to change the oil quicker.

thanks

Steve.

Last Edited by SteveN at 05 Jun 20:43
Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

Aero is a great friendly airport. Only 4km from the harbour town. I think you can rent cycles to explore the island or use the free buses.

If you want to see Copenhagen, then Roskilde is the best GA destination and another 15 minutes flying will get you to Sweden.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

If a nice little “town” is suficient for you, you might try Tønder (EKTD), just past the german border. Very beautiful town, close to the airfield.
Sonderborg (EKSB) is also quite nice.

However, most people go to Denmark for the islands… Vejrø is a real gem. Steep landing fee though.
Further up north is Ånholt (EKAT). Fantastic beaches, but again, a steep landing fee.

Endelave (EKEL) is also OK and low landing fee. Very quiet though.

Can give you many more tips.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Jun 23:39
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bornholm (Ronne)

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I would also advocate Samso, then renting a bike and go explore the island.

EGTR

I love flying in Denmark, although it’s pretty quick to it all!

Læsø is a fantastic little island between Jytland (the danish peninsula) and the swedish mainland (Gothenburg) with two wonderful little towns (villages) at each end and an airfield in the middle. Long, sandy beaches. Fresh smoked fish. Bicycle rentals on the field last i was there which has been a while now.

Bornholm is a bigger (danish) island off the southern coast of Sweden (Malmø) with an airport on the west coast. Quite a bit bigger than Læsø, more traffic but very enjoyable.

Billund is a regional airport of the size of Limoges or Caen. It is close to Legoland for those who would like to visit.

I like the city of Aarhus although I have not landed on that airport myself. I had plans to fly to Roskilde but have mot made it so far.

LFPT, LFPN

Can anyone recommend a hotel on Bornholm ?

I landed at the glider site at Lemvig EKLV last year for a visit to the Jutland museum at Thyboron. Very nice people, nice little town with train connection and pleasant golf hotel. No landing fee. No avgas but might have mogas.

Edited to add Aarhus is a very good airport for GA but check the bus timings for the city because it’s a long cab ride!

Last Edited by Aveling at 31 May 11:39
EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

quatrelle wrote:

Can anyone recommend a hotel on Bornholm ?

Yes, I really like Nordlandet
https://hotelnordlandet.com/en/

EGTR

Aviathor wrote:

It is close to Legoland for those who would like to visit.

The GA center is about 200 m from the Legoland entrance…Bring your kids!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message