Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Silvaire wrote:

But I’m not a fan of his east coast personality.

Quite a few of the policies his administration set out were certainly correct. Actually some even are pretty much carried over in the current administration, such as the tougher stance on China.

And had he acted presidentially after he lost the election rather than what he did instead, I guess the situation would have been very different today in looking towards a 2nd term, won by election.

However, I for one am of the opinion that someone who violated the basic principle of democracy by not conceeding a lost election, by not assuring a normal transition of power as set out by law and who has since done everything possible to undermine the credibility of the national institutions which guarantee the elections disqualify him of holding any office, let alone the WH. That is without taking into account all the other stuff which unearths on a daily basis.

Frankly it is beyond me how a great nation like the US can reduce it’s credible candidates for the presidency to those two characters.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I have to say, that’s really an amusing POV from Yugoslavian.

Well… at least we’ve kept our war within our borders.

What is amusing is how you imply something to somebody and then discuss about it. Feel free to carry on, I’ll prepare my popcorn.

Last Edited by Emir at 29 Mar 23:31
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have to say, that’s really an amusing POV from Yugoslavian. I was once pretty close to a Slovenian foreign ambassador as I might have mentioned previously, and learned a lot on that subject.

None of it however had anything to do with the mental rigidity that results in the mandatory, formal VFR flight plans that serve no useful purpose within Europe.

Carry on

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Mar 23:20

I think you would have been a great military officer @Emir

I’m honored when such brilliant conclusion comes from a citizen of a country which main export product is war.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From here?

I think you would have been a great military officer Emir, but not everybody sees life as an exercise in following somebody else’s pointless procedures, regardless of who they may be or who pays them. I think a lot of the inappropriate and valueless structure that operates on GA in Europe has resulted from the aviation infrastructure having been mainly a military function, with (in the gaps between wars) accommodation made for what were mainly state owned airlines, but very little for free individuals. It would be nice if that construct could be broken down, but as my father used to say abut his homeland “the limitations are in their heads”.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Mar 16:45

Peter wrote:

OK, let’s end this, and revert this thread to a depository of off-topic posts

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

OK, let’s end this, and revert this thread to a depository of off-topic posts

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It requires some control no matter what. Traditionally it has been brainwashing by religion.

True enough in Europe, where notwithstanding differences between countries government has largely displaced religion but operates in the same way, climate change politics being the best example. In the US, social consciousness and sense of community is a more diverse thing involving a little government, a little religion for some, individual responsibility in daily lives and almost double the individual charitable contributions as a percentage of GDP than the next highest country.

PS in relation to the unpleasant posts directly above, given the lack of reasonable information to confront the most applicable thing one can say is that if you want to see what somebody is really like, look at what they say about others. Very often their negative commentary says what they are because that’s what they know, and has little to do with the object of their commentary. If you know more, having genuinely seen more, you can decide whether you want to “beat them with your competence”, just ignore them, or a little of both for stimulation

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Feb 18:08
Just shows brain washing works within all cults. "No, I don´t care about news from everywhere, all propaganda – except from my own religion " – sooo expectedly, quite familiar to me reading lots of American and other pages since many years. Don´t argue with idiots – or cultists – they will pull you down to their level – and beat you with their competence. Whoever stops learning one time in his life will in the end be – an idiot . . . . Vic
vic
EDME

Oh dear the MAGA mentality. Blame everyone but where the blame should lie.
I think perhaps we should close this debate before it gets nasty.

France
3820 Posts
Sign in to add your message