Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Digital payment of landing and parking fees via the App AEROPS

Today when leaving Heringsdorf (EDAH) I have used the app aerops for the payment the first time. I do like the system, because it is fast, the payment is done via creditcard and you will recieve the invoice by email. It is not necessary to go to C only for the payment anymore. I think it is good and will get better as soon as more airfields will join the system.

EDDS , Germany

I wonder how they got a good number of airports to sign up. One prerequisite seems to be an ability to accept an email (confirming payment) in “real time” – because many airports will not let you depart until you have paid. Many airports are really backwards in the admin department.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Heringsdorf is one probably one of the last airfields on the priority list for this. When I was there in May, taking care of the airfield fees took all of about 2 minutes….. the time for printing off the invoice and handing it to me with a smile and “come back soon” (and credit card pmt of course). I was blown away.

But many larger airports could really improve their service by joining this system, especially in some southern European countries.

LSZK, Switzerland

advocatus diabolo on

Frankly, I don’t like the model.

Especially in the Germanoide speaking countries some well-known ground radio guys are frequently kind’a’special anyways. With such a de-personized and digital=inhumane method these are in danger to finally loose any normal humane relationship at all.

The good once may get to know less people, so they loose temper, and the bad once, worst the “German Flugleiterrrrr”, may get psychological isolated even more.

Not every convenience is moving mankind forward.

off

Open for counter opinions!

The word “special” has a very descriptive meaning in “German English” (when applied to a person) – as I well know from a German friend of mine

There are so many airports I’ve been to where this would never work, simply because the person who lets you depart has no capability (or desire) to receive electronic messages.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What are your experiences with Aerops? The last post in the forum was a while ago. Does the app work well? And more importantly, does it work at the airports, or are there often misunderstandings about payment? If all goes well, you don’t have to report to C anymore, but does this work in practice? What I’m afraid of is being called back by the tower after the startup because I haven’t paid (in full) yet. I’ve had this happen to me once (not with Aerops) and it’s not very practical, especially when you have a flight plan. However, I do find it a useful service and, especially in Corona times, it can be very convenient.

Charlie_Alpha
EHBD, Netherlands

Only good experiences at a lot of Airports in Germany. Often you’ll tell them after a couple of touch and goes that you’ll pay after your landing via aerops and that’s okay. EDAZ also accepts fuel payments via aerops. All flawless.

Germany

I’ve mixed experiences with Aerops. Sometimes, you pay too much if you pay with the app, because not all airfields maintain all their price levels in the app. Some airfields require an aircraft noise certificate. If you didn’t upload this in the app, the Flugleiter could call you back. Also, some airfields offer discounts when uploading your noise certificate, so make sure you do this. In addition, controlled airfields ask passenger and crew fees in the app, even when the official price lists don’t contain those fees for GA below 2 or 2,5 t. So pay attention before you pay and send Aerops a mail when you discover wrong fees.

In general, airfields where you must send a payment request via the app, before the actual payment with creditcard, works the best. Someone from the administration or the Flugleiter will take a look over your details and send a correct invoice, before you pay it within the app, so no mistakes are made.

Overall, I’m quite happy with the app, but airfields should maintain their price data better. Mostly, wrong fees are not the fault of Aerops, but from the airfield’s owner or administrative department.

Last Edited by Frans at 30 Jan 14:39
Switzerland

I second Frans’ experience. I was billed parking based on calendar days instead of 24h periods (so +1 day). It took some emailing back-and-forth between AeroPS support and the airport to have that corrected. Other than that, it is quick and convenient.

ELLX

aerops is really expanding into Europe these days…

In the UK, they cover about 20 airfields by now. This includes not only Southend, but also Shoreham, Blackbushe, Dunkeswell, Redhill, etc., plus also a few Scottish airfields.

In France, they cover about about the same number. As a recent coup, they now cover most of the small GA airports of the Paris region. For the French readers: https://www.aerovfr.com/2024/04/redevances-adp-via-aerops/

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message