Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Disabling selection auto-quote feature

When browsing I often use right click to either copy a text part or to search a specific text in google.
Right click in the text in a post on Euroga results in a prompt for quoting the text. I would rather have the usual windows options. Is it possible to turn of this function?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

I agree with the OP.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

I wonder if this is device dependent because in Firefox I see this

In Chrome the Copy option is indeed missing! And control-c doesn’t do anything either.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can the auto-quote feature on selection be switched off somehow?

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia

You can make the button

disappear by clicking elsewhere, or by scrolling the page up or down. I am not aware of an on/off option for it.

I personally don’t use it; I just manually type bq. and then paste in the text.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have a habit of selecting the text while reading it, and very often i miss click and I am taken to the new comment section with selected text in quotes. I was just wondering if there is an option to disable it somehow from my profile configuration.

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia

I have the same habit and would love to see the auto-quote disabled.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

Funnily enough that’s how a couple techy people I know ended up clicking on “dangerous” links on emails.

(you should use one of these instead:)

Last Edited by Noe at 19 Nov 19:19

I often select text because I want to right click and “Search Google for…”. However, it gets much harder with this feature. I would also support another mechanism for quoting, maybe by selecting the text and then using a button?

Last Edited by Dimme at 19 Nov 19:40
ESME, ESMS
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message